Almost all banks in both private and public sector have mobile banking apps to help its customers. iMobile is ICICI Bank's official mobile banking application.
iMobile, helps ICICI customers to get payments done through Unified Payment Interface (UPI). Through iMobile, you can pay and collect money from anyone instantly using Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
How to create your VPA using iMobile?
The VPA is a very simple address similar to the email address. The VPA of the iMobile would be like xyz@icici. You can use digits or alphabets instead of xyz.
- Download iMobile from Google Play store or Apple app store and install the application on your mobile.
- Verify the mobile number and select the Login option.
- Login to iMobile and tap on UPI.
- Choose an Account Number from the dropdown list.
- Select 'Create New VPA.'
- Enter your desired prefix, e.g., abcd@icici and check for the availability.
- Tick the suitable check boxes to make this the default account to send and receive payments.
- Click on 'Submit' to receive a confirmation of your registered VPA.
How to do the transaction?
- Open the app and choose Fund Transfer from the homepage.
- There will be many ways to Fund transfer. Choose the UPI.
- Click on the ‘Pay to virtual payment address.' Or you can select the ‘Pay to account number'; this would show the list of your existing registered payee of your account.
- The user would see the VPA. If you have more than one VPA, you can select the desired one by clicking on the drop-down menu.
- Enter the VPA to which you want to send money from your account. You can see the VPA suggestions when you type the address.
- Enter the amount add remarks and click on submit.
- A confirmation screen will appear with all the details. Click on the confirmation tab.
- The amount will get transferred immediately. The beneficiary will receive a message confirmation too.