Aadhaar card now an essential ID for an array of services including social welfare schemes and other financial transactions and services needs to be updated with the latest details of the concerned in respect of his address, mobile number etc.
And in case when you had first applied for the biometric enabled aadhaar Id, the proof of address that you might have provided for its issuance might not be in sync with the correct address or you might have changed your address in due time, so now by just visiting UIDAI website, you can get the details updated.
Know the procedure here in simple steps?
There are many ways to get your address updated in your aadhaar card such as by sending the details through the post or doing it online by visiting the UIDAI portal. And if you are net savvy, you can do it in a hassle-free way by following these steps:
1. Visit the UIDAI website and click on the Address Update Request (Online) tab under Aadhaar Update section.
2. On clicking the link, you will be directed to the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, there at the bottom of the page is provided a link where you are asked to submit your address update/ correction request please, press on the proceed button.
3. In the next window, portal asks you to key in your aadhaar number and the code visible on the page for verification. Upon entering the details, OTP is sent to the mobile number registered with the authorities.
Users can also ask for the generation of TOTP or time-based one-time password for verification. This is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS-based OTP.
4. In the next window, choose the 'address' tab and proceed.
5. Enter the correct or updated address carefully. The UIDAI adds that the user should ensure that the details provided are transliterated properly in the local language. Re-check the details and proceed.
6. Now, you are required to upload scanned copies of the valid proof i.e proof of address in this case supporting the requested change for you aadhaar card. Make sure that the uploaded documents are valid so as to avoid rejection of update request.
In respect of the address proof, the different documents accepted as valid by the UIDAI includes passport, bank account statement or passbook, post office account statement or passbook, voter id, ration card, driving license, electricity, water or telephone bill not older than three months.
7. On successful submission of the documents, Update Request Number or URN is generated using which you can track the status of your request made.
Recently, the government has extended the deadline for linking aadhaar with various services including mobile phone, bank accounts, PAN to March 31, 2018.