In an attempt to provide ease to banking customers in every possible way, SBI through its SBI Mingle App has tapped the widely used social media site Facebook. Using which bank's customers can engage in banking transactions with their added contacts on Facebook.
Here's provided in detail how to use the app on official Facebook page of SBI for different banking transactions
SBI Mingle app is available on both Android and iOS operating system. Users need to access the app through the official Facebook page of SBI which provides a host of offerings including:
1. View A/c balance
2. View Mini statement
3. Fund transfer
4. Cheque Book Mangaement
5. SMS registration
6. Block debit or ATM card
7. P2P money transfer
8. Monthly spend
9. Dream home
However, to get started, bank account holder needs to register with the app which can be done using the account number or debit card and PIN. For validation, users will be sent OTP which has to be keyed in and a password for the account has to be created as per instructions.
So, to perform any of the allowed banking transactions on SBI Mingle, you need to first login to your account.
1. For viewing your account balance: You need to login to your Mingle app through the SBI's facebook page and click on the 'view balance' tab. Against the 'click here to view balance' link, clearing balance of the corresponding account is displayed.
2. Mini-statement: SBI customer can also get mini-statement for his account through the Mingle gateway by logging into their account and clicking on "view Mini-Statement"link. Last 10 transactions with amount, date and clearing balance will be listed.
3. Fund transfer: For completing fund transfer transactions using SBI Mingle, your mobile number needs to be registered with SBI. Transfer of funds can be made to SBI or other banks with a cap of Rs. 5000 for a transaction. The same limit applies to fund transfer transactions on a per day basis.
After you login to your Mingle app, click on the menu available for money transfer. Choose correct option for the transferee from the available options of own accounts, other SBI or other bank accounts as the case may be.
4. Block debit or ATM card: This option enables you to block your card instantly in case of theft, loss or damage. Select the block ATM card option in the Mingle app and select the account which will then enlist all the debit cards attached with it. Choose the ATM or debit card you wish to block.
5. Locate nearest SBI branch and ATM: For finding SBI branch and ATM near you, you can use the app which will take you to the reference link on the official website of SBI.