To streamline the agriculture commodities market, a PAN India portal for such products has been conceived to unify the market for agricultural products in India.
The portal deals in all such information which includes pricing and the arrival related data on different agricultural produce, sell and buy related offers as well as provisions pertaining to dealing with such offers made.
Objective with which the unified portal came into existence
1. For better price discovery mechanism and hence sale transactions on a more transparent basis.
2. To provide a single trader license with validity all across in the State
3. Levy of market fees at a single point i.e on the first purchase from the farmer by the wholesaler
4. Quality standards harmonization as also for provision for infrastructure assaying.
Recent changes to boost its Usage
In an aim to make the platform more farmer-friendly, the govt has overhauled it with a few new features
1. Introduced UPI through BHIM payment gateway for faster and timely payment to farmers once their produce is auctioned.
2. eNAM website now available in a host of other languages such as Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Odia, besides Hindi and English. Nonetheless, the gateway facilitating trading is currently available in six languages only.
3. Farrmer's database as well as e-learning modes have been integrated.
4. For better analysis, MIS dashboards have been deployed on the site.
5. On the app, an important 'gate entry' feature has been introduced.
6. Provision has been made to enable farmers' view real time bidding as well as assaying certificates on the app itself.