As with the other financial schemes and investments, the amendments made in the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) Rules, 2017 requires mutual funds to obtain aadhaar number from their investors and link it to the respective accounts or folios. The last date to link aadhaar and mutual funds is March 31, 2018.
So, as the deadline is fast approaching, there can be a case when you already would have linked your MF folios with aadhaar but still might be getting reminders as SMS and e-mail from fund houses or RTAs to link them.
To hence cross check and confirm the linking status you can either call up each of the fund houses in which you have made the MF investment or take the online route which has recently been introduced by the RTAs (CAMS, Karvy) for the purpose.
How to check mutual funds and aadhaar linking status online for mutual funds serviced by CAMS?
CAMS or Computer Age Management Services is India's premier Mutual Fund Transfer Agency serving over 60% of assets of the industry across 15 Mutual Funds. The funds serviced by the RTA include.
HDFC Mutual Fund
DSPBR Mutual Fund
Birla Sunlife Mutual Fund
HSBC Mutual Fund
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
IDFC Mutual Fund
IIFL Mutual Fund
Kotak Mutual Fund
L&T Mutual Fund
Mahindra Mutual Fund
PPFAS Mutual Fund
SBI Mutual Fund
Shriram Mutual Fund
Tata Mutual Fund
Union Mutual Fund
So, if you have invested in any of the schemes from the above specified mutual fund houses, you would have linked mutual fund folio with aadhaar either through CAMS facility or respective fund.
For confirming the status of aadhaar linking online, you need to follow the below steps:
2. In the second step, click on ‘Aadhaar linking status - Individual' option. You will be asked to furnish your PAN details and click on submit.
3. In case the CAMS serviced mutual fund companies have your aadhaar details, the message saying ‘Aadhaar available for given PAN' will appear.
4. Else, the message will come as ‘ Aadhaar to be provided for the given PAN'
How to check mutual funds and aadhaar linking status online for mutual funds serviced by Karvy?
Karvy serviced MF houses include
Axis Mutual Fund
Baroda Pioneer Mutual Fund
BOI AXA Mutual Fund
Canara Robeco Mutual Fund
DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund
Edelweiss Mutual Fund
Essel Mutual Fund
IDBI Mutual Fund
India Bulls Mutual Fund
INVESCO Mutual Fund
JM Financial Mutual Fund
LIC Mutual Fund
Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
Principal Mutual Fund
Quantum Mutual Fund
Reliance Mutual Fund
Taurus Mutual Fund
UTI Mutual Fund ‘
To confirm the linking of your Karvy serviced MFs with aadhaar
2. Click on Individuals-Click Here to know aadhaar submission status. You will be asked to furnish your PAN details. After providing PAN, click on generate OTP.
3. You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number and e-mail Id that has been provided to Karvy serviced folios. Enter the OTP received and click on ' Validate OTP'.
4. In case aadhaar details are registered with the mutual fund folios, the following message will show Status: Aadhaar seeding successful.
5. Otherwise the status shall come as ' Aadhaar not registered.