Taking into facet different conditions that arise while we decide to make our travel by Indian railways, the behemoth has been generous to offer transfer facility to a different passenger. As per the company's website, the facility is extended to both online and offline tickets. And for both, the request for such a transfer of confirmed ticket of Indian railways to another passenger has to be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the booked train.
The transfer facility in case of offline tickets is though restricted to just once. Here are few other notable points that travellers' should pay heed to while transferring their confirmed ticket:
1. The transfer is allowed to and among family members i.e. father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife.
2. Online tickets are transferred by visiting the nearest reservation counter of the railways and producing the print out of the e-ticket.
3. As per Indian railways, the request for transfer should not be over 10% of the total number of group members.
4. The transfer is also possible to another government servant on duty but the same has to be effected 24 hours in advance.
5. The train ticket can also be transferred to students of recognized institutes provided the head over there places the request atleast 48 hours before or to a marriage party group but the request has to be made by the head therein.