In an effort to digitalise its banking services further, India Post launched its internet banking facility for post office savings bank accounts on Friday. In an event at the New Media Centre in New Delhi, Manoj Sinha, Union Minister (Independent Charge) for communications launched internet banking facilities for post office savings accounts along with a revamped website for India Post and an e-commerce delivery portal for rural entrepreneurs.
How to access India Post's net banking Services?
Firstly, if in order to use India Post's net banking services, you need-
- a valid single or joint account with India Post. Also Read: How to Open Post Office Digital Savings Account Using IPPB Mobile App?
- completed KYC documentation if you haven't already done it
- active ATM/Debit Card
- mobile number and email ID registered with India Post
- registered PAN
- You will then have to register for the services at your nearest post office by submitting an application. The internet banking services will be activated within the next working day, as per the official website.
- You will receive a notification about the activation on your registered mobile number.
- You can then visit https://ebanking.indiapost.gov.in and click on the "New User Activation" option. You need your User ID and account number to activate the service. The information should be available on your passbook.
The India Post net banking services allow you to:
- transfer money from your post office savings account to another.
- make deposits to your PPF (Public Provident Fund) or Recurring Deposit (RD) accounts, etc opened with a post office.
- open new RD, FD (fixed deposit) accounts.
- withdraw money from your PPF account if eligible.