Investment has and will always be one major topic of discussion. Whether you are a fresh new investor who has just entered the industry and are looking out for saving plans or you are an experienced player looking out for more investment plans and looking to make or earn profits with minimum investment.
Apart from share market which is a volatile investment, FD, RD are other investment opportunities. The one that stands out is SIP. As the name suggests, Systematic Investment Plan, whereby you invest in equity in a systematic way and also earn as per the market value.
The advantages of SIP over other investments would include:
1. Higher returns: It cannot guarantee higher returns, but, over a longer period of time it has proven to give superior returns.
2. Lower amount investment: being a first time investor, or someone who believes in distributed investment, you would prefer smaller amount of investment. SIP is the best fit for smaller investment. Some can even start with an investment of just Rs 500 per month only.
3. Disciplined Saving – Discipline is the key to successful investments. When you invest through SIP, you commit yourself to save regularly.
4.Flexibility: Imagine an investment where you can either increase or decrease the amount invested. SIP does give you this added advantage.
5. Long term gains: Due to rupee-cost averaging and the power of compounding SIPs have the potential to deliver attractive returns over a long investment horizon.
6. Convinence: SIP is a hassle-free mode of investment. You can issue a standing instruction to your bank to facilitate auto-debits from your bank account.
But the major issue here is how and in which mutual funds do we invest through the SIP?
1. ICICI Pru Blue Chip Fund
This is one of the consistent performing mutual fund schemes. Its long term performance in 10 years is rather good.
The fund aims to generate long term capital appreciation and income distribution by investing in equity and equity related securities of large cap companies.
A good fund to consider for SIP.
5. Reliance Small cap Fund
Well known player in the market and at the same time consistent performance in the last 10 years. This mutual fund scheme gave 14% annualized returns in the last 3 years and 30% annualized returns in the last 5 years.
The mutual fund aims to generate long term capital by investing in equity of small cap companies.
2. Aditya Birla SL Frontline Equity Fund
Even this fund is a consistent performer in large cap mutual funds segment. Its returns over the long term performance in 10 years is also good.
The mutual fund aims for long term growth, through a portfolio with a target allocation of 100% equity by aiming at being as diversified across various industries.
3. HDFC Top 100 Fund
Earlier this fund was called as HDFC Top 200. This fund has been known for its consistent performance. Its long term performance is at best.
The scheme seeks to provide long-term income by investing predominantly in Large-Cap companies.
4. HDFC Mid-cap Opportunities Fund
This fund has been doing very good and has given maximum profit to its investors. Around 24% annualized returns in the long run of 10 years across various market cycles.
This schemes objective is to provide long-term income by investing predominantly in Mid-Cap companies.
6. Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund
This fund is recently launched, around 8 years ago. This fund has beaten its peer mutual funds and gave 28% annualized returns in the last 5 years.
This fund aims to generate income by investing in equities large cap and midcap companies.
7. Franklin India Focused Equity Fund
This fund earlier was called as Franklin India High Growth Companies. It is one of the consistent performing mutual fund that gave 22% annualized returns in the last 10 years.
The fund invests in Indian companies with high growth rates or potential.
8. Kotak Standard Multicap Fund
This fund was known earlier as Kotak Select Focus Fund, one of the oldest funds around 9 years in the market.
This fund seeks to generate long term capital from a portfolio of equity generally focused on a few selected sectors.
9. HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund
This fund was formed by merging 2 funds, i.e. HDFC Balanced Fund and HDFC Premier Multicap fund. Both these funds have been performing well in the last 10 years.
This Scheme seeks to generate income from equity & equity related instruments.
10. ICICI Prudential Equity & Debt Fund
This fund has been performing well in the last 15-20 years.
The fund aims to generate long-term income by investing in equities and related securities as well as fixed income and money market securities.
Please note the statutory warning we receive every time we see advertisements of investments, " Mutual fund investments are subject to market risk. Read the documents carefully before you invest.
Yes. It is utmost necessary to read and get another opinion before you invest in any companies. Don't just go with the market ratings or what your friends and relatives suggest, you as an investor must take keen interest as it is your money and any loss you would have to face the consequences.