The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) was announced in the Budget 2019 as a mega pension scheme for those working in the unorganized sectors. The scheme will provide a pension of Rs 3,000 to the individuals on completion of 60 years.
The scheme also comes with a cover for the family (spouse) in the event of the death of the pensioner. The government will contribute an equal amount as that of the pensioner towards the scheme.
The pension scheme is open to-
- residents working in the unorganized sector
- individuals aged between 18 to 40 years
- those with monthly income not exceeding Rs 15,000 a month
- Savings bank account (make sure the IFSC code is printed on the passbook)
- A valid mobile number
A monthly premium that is based on your age, will be deducted from your bank account every month towards the pension scheme. The first premium will, however, be paid at the time of application and is to be paid in cash.
The government will contribute an equal amount every month towards your pension fund.
How to apply for PM Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan?
- To apply for the pension scheme, one needs to visit their nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) with the required documents. You can locate the one closest to your residence using this link.
- From the CSC, fill and submit: 1) self-certified form 2) consent form for auto-debiting premium from your bank account.
- The contents of the form will be verified by the CSC official using the information on your Aadhaar and bank passbook. Additionally, an OTP (one-time password) will be sent to your mobile number to verify the contact details.
- On completing the enrollment process, the CSC official will provide you with a pension scheme card which will include your online pension number. The card will include details of your personal details along with those associated with pension scheme like amount to be contributed, etc.