PAN card holders can correct or update the details marked on their PAN or permanent account number themselves via UMANG app. The app is a Unified platform for a couple of government services and updation of PAN details is one such offering that it caters to. Other PAN card, related services offered by Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (Umang) app include navigating nearest PAN card centres, making payments concerning PAN card, among others.
PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number allotted by the department of income tax and serves as the identity proof of an individual. Also, the number is required for various other financial dealings such as filing of ITR, the opening of bank account etc.
To make the required changes or update one's information in the PAN card using UMANG app, one can go by the following steps:
1. You need to have access to the UMANG app, for it, you can download the same from play store.
2. Once the app is downloaded, you can log in using your mobile number and click on the tab that says 'My PAN'.
3. Then you will be taken to a page where a number of PAN card related services will appear, of them select the "Correction/Change in PAN card CSF". CSF is a form that enables correction in the PAN card and needs to be submitted.
4. Herein a new page comes which says 'Application for correction (CSF)'. Key in your PAN number and click on the next tab.
5. Now you are required to fill in the form and provide the details that you wish to rectify. Click the submit tab.
6. At this step, you need to make the payment for getting your PAN details updated or corrected.
This form then with supporting documents can be submitted at any of the PAN or National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) TIN-facilitation centre. Upon verification of the required changes, the new PAN card with rectified or updated details will be sent over to the correspondence address of the individuals.
For tracking the status of the PAN, PAN card bearers can check its status using the 'Pan Query' option on My PAN. If the individual wants to complete the process offline, he or she can download the correction form using 'Pan Query' and submit it at the nearest PAN centre along with the required documents.