Aadhaar is an important ID needed all across in the country for every of the ID verification activity from financial matter to other such issues. The UIDAI issued card bears both your demographic details as well as your biometric data. And if there arises a need to change your picture on the aadhaar card, you have the option to do so only offline.
Here is listed step-by-step procedure that you need to follow to bring about the change:
1. Visit the Aadhaar enrollment centre near you. You can also found about such facilities on the UIDAI website so as to plan your action ahead.
2. You need to submit the aadhaar enrolment form at the centre and give in the biometric details to the executive there. The executive will then take your photograph. Biometrics are to be given again for approval and verification of the earlier details already fed in the UIDAI database.
3. For the upgradation of details, you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 25 and GST charges.
4. An acknowledgment slip will be handed over to you with the URN
5. Using the URN, you can check the update status in respect of your Aadhaar ID.
Also, in a case you are not able to carry out the procedure in person, after filling up the aadhaar updation form with correct details, you can write an application for doing the change in respect of your picture in Aadhaar. The application has to be addressed to UIDAI regional office. The address for correspondence is given below:
UIDAI Regional Office
No. 49, 3rd Floor,
South Wing Race Course Road,
Bangalore - 560 001
Along with the application form, make sure you enclose the aadhaar card copy along with your new photo i.e. attested. And after successful updation, you will receive the new ID with the new picture in some 15-20 days.