Recently, UIDAI opened Passport like Seva Kendras for Aadhaar related services. To reduce the hassle around Aadhaar, the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has come up with an online appointment booking faculty similar to that of a passport application in India. This is an ongoing development and these Aadhaar Seva Kendras (ASKs) are now open in cities of Delhi, Bhopal, Agra, Chennai, Vijayawada, Hisar and Chandigarh. These centres will soon be launched across 53 cities at 114 locations.
The Aadhaar Seva Kendras are currently located at
- New Delhi -Akshardham Metro Station and Inderlok Metro Station
- Bhopal- Aashima Mall
- Agra- Sanjay Palace
- Chennai- Ten Square Mall
- Hisar- Metropolis Mall
- Chandigarh- Sector 17A
If you live in any of the above-mentioned cities, you can make an online appointment for these services:
- Fresh Aadhaar enrolment
- Update biometric details in Aadhaar database
- Update name on Aadhaar card
- Update address on Aadhaar card
- Update phone number on Aadhaar card
- Update email ID on Aadhaar card
- Update date of birth
- Update gender
How to book an online appointment for Aadhaar?
- Visit this link or alternatively, go to https://uidai.gov.in/ and from the "My Aadhaar" drop down option, pick "Book an Appointment" option.
- Select city and location from the drop down.
- Click on "Proceed to Book Appointment."
- Provide your mobile number and an OTP will be sent to you for verification.
- Submit Aadhaar details and personal information.
- Choose a date and time of your choice.
- You will be provided with a booking appointment number.
The infrastructure of an Aadhaar Seva Kendra is similar to that of a Passport Seva Kendra. There is a token system wherein the applicant first needs to get a token and then move ahead to a 'verifier' for document checking.
On completing verification, the resident shall move to 'cash counters' for payment of charges. While enrolment is free, any update in Aadhaar details costs Rs 50.
There are operator work stations assigned to the applicants and the movement of the queue via token number will be displayed on screens.