Aadhaar has become an essential part of one's day-to-day activities in India. Apart from serving as a valid identity proof, this 12-digit unique ID is required to file Income Tax Returns or get subsidy on LPG cylinders.
There have been several instances of enrollment and updation issues faced by residents of the country. The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) allows users to file complaints over their concerns to a designated "Contact Centre" that was set up to handle these grievances.
Note: It is not mandatory to provide your enrolment ID if your complaint is against an operator or enrolment agency. However, if your complaint is with regard to generation of Aadhaar, you will be asked for enrolment ID.
With one's EID (Enrolment Number), one canapproach this Contact Centre via:
Telephone: UIDAI has been contacted on the toll-free number 1947.
E-mail: You can write an e-mail to UIDAI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-mails by UIDAI officials are examined and forwarded to concerned Regional Office/Concerned Section at Head Quarters, wherein it is further channeled to concerned regional offices/section. The grievance is disposed by replying the complainant over e-mail under intimation to the grievance cell.
Post: Posts or hardcopy complaints can be sent to UIDAI Head Quarters or Regional Offices. Those received by HQ are forwarded in hardcopy to concerned Regional Office/ Concerned Section at HQ after approval of Deputy Director, who is Public Grievance Officer at UIDAI. The concerned Regional Office/Concerned Section disposes the grievance by replying directly to the complainant under intimation to the grievance cell, UIDAI, HQ. Interim replies, if required, are given by the concerned Regional Office/concerned Section at HQ.
Unique Identification Authority of India,
Government of India,
Bangla Sahib Road, Behind Kali Mandir,
- This portal allows you to file a complaint online by following these steps:
- Go to www.uidai.gov.in
- From the top tab click on the "Contact & Support" dropdown. Select "File a complaint" option from the drop down.
- File the digital form with required details like 28-digit enrolment ID, name, mobile number and email ID.
- Type complaint and select category of the complaint.
- In the space provided for "Write your Concern here" enter a detail but brief description of your problem or complaint.
- Enter displayed Captcha code.
- Click on "Submit".
- Keep a note of the complaint ID generated to track the status later.
How to check status of the complaint?
- Go to www.uidai.gov.in
- From the top tab click on the "Contact & Support" dropdown. Select "Check Complaint Status" option from the drop down.
- Enter complaint ID.
- Enter captcha code.
- Click on "Check Status."
Public Grievance Portal:
- Grievances can also be sent to the UIDAI through the Government of India's Public Grievance Portal.
- The portal is pgportal.gov.in.
There are following modes within Public Grievance Portal :
- DPG (Directorate of public grievances)
- DARPG (Department of Administrative reforms & Public Grievances)
- Parent Organization
- Direct receipts
- President's Secretariat
- Minister's office
- PM's Office
The complaint is then forwarded to the respective regional office.