November is an important month for pensioners across India as they need to submit life certificates at the bank or other designated pension disbursing centres to continue receiving pension. A life certificate is proof that the pensioner is still alive and is eligible to continue receiving a pension.
However, it could sometimes be difficult for a senior citizen to be physically present to submit the certificate at the bank branch as he/she may be out of their hometown or ill. If your parent or any senior citizen is facing a similar problem, you can also help them to avail the life certificate from anywhere and make such a submission automatically online.
Things to know
- Senior citizens have the whole month of November, every year, to submit life certificates.
- For super senior citizens, the window for submission was recently widened by the government to include two months instead of one. Those aged 80 years and above are now allowed to start submitting their life certificates from 1 October and the certificate will be held valid till 30 November of the subsequent year.
- To able to make such a submission online, the pensioner needs to have his/her mobile number linked to Aadhaar to perform Aadhaar authentication.
- The online process is preferred by the government as well as banks.
How to submit life certificate or Jeevan Pramaan online?
- Get registered. You will have to download the client software which works on Windows (PC) and Android devices from this link. The link to download the software will be sent to you via e-mail.
- Provide necessary information like Aadhaar number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account, Bank Name and registered mobile number details of the pensioner.
- Aadhaar authentication will have to be performed on the software.
- After successful authentication, an SMS acknowledgement is sent to the mobile number including the pensioner's Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID.
- The certificates are stored in the Life Certificate Repository for making it available any time and anywhere for the pensioner and the Pension Disbursing Agency. This means that there is no further action required from the pensioner and the bank/pension disbursing agency should receive the ID automatically.
- Banks and post offices have an e-delivery facility that enables the electronic delivery of the Life Certificate without manual intervention.
- You can download a PDF copy of the certificate for your records from the Jeevan Pramaan website by providing the Jeevan Pramaan ID or Aadhaar number.