Without visiting the bank branch, customers of SBI can now generate their ATM-cum-debit card PIN or Green PIN effortlessly. Through a simple way across platforms such as IVR, Internet banking, SMS you can generate a Green PIN for your SBI Debit-cum ATM Card from the convenience of your home or workplace. Hence, let's take a glance at various methods to generate Green PIN for your SBI Debit Card.
Through IVR facility
You must dial the toll-free numbers 1800 112 211 or 1800 425 3800 from your registered mobile phone to obtain your SBI Green PIN debit card. Stick your ATM card and account number ready before starting this procedure, so that you can enter the specifics instantly when required. Follow the below-listed process to complete the process:
- Press 2 for ATM/Debit card related services once the call is paired.
- Press 1 for PIN generation from the IVR menu.
- If going to call from your registered mobile number, the IVR will prompt you to press 1 or else press 2 to communicate with a customer representative.
- You will be asked by the IVR to type the last 5 digits of your ATM card for which you intend to produce the Green PIN for. To validate the last 5 digits, press 1. Press 2 to re-enter the last 5 digits of the ATM card if you have made an error while confirming the digits.
- Then, you will be prompted to type your account number with the last 5 digits. In case the entered account number is correct press 1 or else press 2 to re-enter the same.
- Now enter your date of birth and then the generated Green PIN will be sent to your registered mobile number by the bank.
- Through visiting your nearest SBI ATM, you will be asked to adjust the received PIN within 24 hours.
Through SBI net banking
Another way to generate green PIN is via online banking of SBI. You need to follow the below-listed steps to generate your Green PIN via net banking:
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com and sign in to your net banking account using the required credentials.
- Under the tab 'e-services' click on the 'ATM card services' option once you are signed in.
- Now click on the 'ATM PIN Generation' and you will get options i.e. using a one-time password (OTP) or using a profile, via which you can generate your Green PIN.
- For your convenience here we have selected the OTP option to generate your Green PIN.
- Once you selected the same option you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Authenticate the OTP and select the savings account with which your SBI Debit Card is linked
- Now click on 'Continue' and select the Debit-cum ATM Card for which you are going to generate a Green PIN.
- Click on 'Submit' and specify the first two digits that you want to generate for a new pin. You will be issued the remaining two digits via SMS.
- Enter the two digits that you received on your registered mobile number via SMS, and enter the two digits opted by you earlier.
- To successfully generate the Green PIN you need to click on the 'Submit' button and you are done.
Follow the steps below to update your ATM PIN via SMS:
- Type 'PIN CCCC AAAA' (here CCCC is the last 4 digits of your debit card and AAAA is the last 4 digits of your account number) and send it to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- Once done you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number via SMS by the bank.
- To modify your debit card PIN along with the OTP, you will then have to visit your nearest SBI ATM hub. Note, for just two days, the OTP will be valid. It is advised by SBI that the received OTP must be authenticated at the nearest ATM to update your debit card PIN within 24 hours of timeline.
- Note: Don't forget that, in the instance of a new ATM card, you must activate the card first. In the 'ATM card services' tab under the' e-services' category, the card can be activated.