Amid raging second coronavirus wave in the country, India's largest public-run lender State Bank of India (SBI) is doing everything possible so that its customers can complete maximum banking tasks from the comfort of their home. After introducing toll free numbers 1800 112 211 and 1800 425 3800 for contactless service, the bank has come forward to help those customers willing to get their bank account transferred from one SBI branch to another in these trying times.
In a tweet on May 7, the lender said "if you need help in transferring your account from one branch to another, then SBI has got your back. Use YONO SBI, YONO Lite and OnlineSBI from the comfort of your homes and bank safe".
If you need help in transferring your account from one branch to another, then SBI has got your back.— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) May 7, 2021
Use YONO SBI, YONO Lite and OnlineSBI from the comfort of your homes and bank safe.#SBIAapkeSaath #StayStrongIndia #YONOSBI #YONOLite #OnlineSBI #BankSafe pic.twitter.com/WlW8bb8aBG
Importantly you can get ahead with the online transfer process for the SBI bank account from one branch to another only when your mobile number is registered with the bank as there is second factor authentication (wherein which the bank sends OTP to your registered mobile number). The account shall be transferred in a week's time at no cost.
How To transfer SBI Bank A/c From One Branch To Another Via Yono SBI?
Yono is an SBI's integrated digital banking platform that offers a host of financial services to its customers including credit card, insurance, investments and loans among other offerings. Here is the step by step process to transfer SBI Bank account to another bank branch using Yono SBI:
1. Login to the SBI Yono app
2. Go to 'Services' option.
3. Now you need to select the 'Transfer of Saving Account' option.
4. Here upon you need to provide the saving account which you wish to transfer along with the new branch code and click on Get Branch name.
5. The new branch name shall flash and if it is correct then click on the 'Submit' option.
6. Details should be checked for once and then finally submit your request.
How To transfer SBI Bank A/c From One Branch To Another Via Yono SBI Lite?
YONO LITE SBI is State Bank's mobile banking application for retail users. Using it customer can manage their banking tasks while on the go A safe, convenient and easy to use application with a host of features to help users manage their banking on the move.
Note for accessing Yono Lite SBI you need
1. A smart phone with Android (OS 2.3 or above) and/or Apple (with IOS 4.1 or above) and/or and Windows (OS 8.1 or above)
2. Internet connectivity like GPRS/EDGE/3G/Wi-Fi.
3. SBI Debit card or Internet Banking User Name and Password.
If you are using the mobile banking service for the first time you will be asked to complete the one time registration process before login. For it the bank will send an activation code to your registered number.
Then after you are successfully logged in you can follow the process to transfer SBI bank account from one branch to another.
Steps to transfer SBI bank account from one branch to another using yono LITE SBI
1. Go to the Services section of Yono LITE SBI
2. Under it click on Transfer of Savings Account option
3. Now you need to select the bank account that you wish to transfer to another branch
4. After you have selected the account, you would need to select the branch code for SBI where you wish to transfer the chosen account.
5. Herein you will receive an OTP to finally place your request of bank account transfer, which you need to enter. Click on the Submit option next.
6. At this stage you would receive a message saying ' Your account transfer request has been successfully processed. Please note this reference number'.
How To transfer SBI Bank A/c From One Branch To Another Via Online SBI?
1. Visit the official personal banking page of SBI www.onlinesbi.com
2. Go to Personal Banking and login with your credentials
3. Once you have logged in successfully after providing the OTP, select the tab saying 'e-Services' on the top menu bar.
4. Now you need to choose the option 'Transfer of savings account'.
5. Here you need to select the account you wish to transfer which can be any account for that matter say savings account, PPF account of SSY account. But if you have just one account under your CIF or Customer Information File then that account shall be selected by default.
6. At this stage you need to mention the SBI bank branch code where you wish to transfer your specified bank account. Read and accept the terms and condition and click on 'Submit.
7. Once check here for all the details and click on 'Confirm' option.
8. Hereupon an OTP shall be sent to your registered mobile number.
9. Now enter the OPT and click on 'Submit'
10. Now, a message shall flash on the screen which says 'Your branch transfer request has been successfully registered'.