State Bank of India (SBI) introduced the 'SBI Green PIN' to allow its customers to create their debit card PINs quickly and conveniently. The introduction of SBI Green PIN is part of SBI's Green Initiative and a revolutionary walk towards greener banking. SBI customers can experience the ease of generating / regenerating ATM PINs at their own convenience. The functionality also eliminates carbon emissions and delivers major cost savings to the bank.
SBI used to send PIN mailers covering the PIN number with scratch-off panels early in the day, to send customers a debit card or credit card PIN. The conventional PIN generation approaches have been effectively substituted by green PINs, giving consumers a simple and convenient method to create their own debit card or credit card PIN. Please keep in mind that the actual PIN is not the Green PIN, which is usually provided to you by SMS. You need to use the same one to produce the actual PIN after it has been provided. SBI provides different methods for generating the green PIN that can be used to activate the actual PIN in addition. Now let's know how to obtain SBI Green PIN using the below-mentioned methods:
Via Net Banking
The alternative of internet banking enables you to generate SBI Green PIN from the comfort of your home or workplace. You can follow the below-listed steps to generate the same if you are an existing user of SBI Net Banking service.
- Sign in to your SBI Net Banking account using the required credentials and select 'e-Services> ATM Card Services' on the homepage
- Now under the ATM Card Services page, click on 'ATM PIN Generation' and then select 'Using One Time Password' or 'Using Profile Password.
- Now select 'Using Profile Password' alternative and choose the related bank account
- Once submitted, click on SBI debit card and click 'Confirm'
- Now you will be redirected to the 'ATM PIN Generation' page, where you will be asked to enter any two digits to generate a new PIN.
- Now you will get an SMS from the bank on your registered mobile number with 2 digits.
- Now on the next page, enter the 2 digits you have selected earlier and 2 digits you received through SMS on the required space
- By clicking on 'Submit' you will see a successful message on your device screen.
Note: You need to go to 'e-Services > ATM Card Services > New ATM Card Activation' to activate the card once you have your new PIN. By making the first transaction at any SBI ATM, the card can also be activated.
It is also possible to create a Green PIN by sending a specific message from your registered mobile number:
SMS 'PIN ABCD EFGH' to 567676 (Here, SMS PIN ABCD EFGH (ABCD is the last four digits of the debit card number and EFGH is the last four digits of the debit card-linked bank account number).
You will receive an OTP with the same number after the SMS is delivered. The OTP will be valid for 2 days and can be used by heading any SBI ATM in order to generate the debit card PIN.
Visit any of the nearest SBI ATMs once your SBI ATM cum debit card has been issued. To create an SBI Green PIN by ATM, follow the steps described below.
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM and insert your card in the card slot
- Now tap on the 'PIN Generation' option and then you will be asked to enter your 11-digit account number.
- After confirming the same you will be asked to enter your registered mobile number
- Once your entered details are verified on the next screen you will see this message 'Your green PIN will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number'.
- Tap on 'Confirm' and you will see this message Your Green PIN generation has been successful and you will receive the same on your mobile number'.
You will then get a one-time PIN (OTP) message on your registered mobile number, which is nothing else but the Green PIN. Remove and reinsert the SBI card and follow the below-listed steps using the generated Green PIN in order to generate the actual debit card PIN.
- Re-insert your debit card in the ATM and select 'Banking'
- Select your preferred language from the available alternatives
- Now on the next screen enter the OTP received on your registered mobile and then select the 'PIN Change' option from the 'Select Transaction' tab.
- Now a strong 4-digit PIN of your preference and re-enter the same
- You will see a message,' Your PIN has been changed successfully' once the procedure is successful.
Via Customer Care Service
Conversely, you can dial SBI customer service hotlines from your registered mobile numbers to get a card PIN. Call SBI toll free customer care at 1800 11 22 11/ 1800 425 3800 or 080-26599990 and follow the below-given steps:
- Opt '1' to generate Green PIN and then you will be asked to specify your debit card number
- On the next step, you will be asked to enter the account number linked to your debit card
- Once all the specifics have been authenticated, you will get a one-time PIN (OTP) valid for 2 days on your registered mobile number, after which you can visit any of the SBI ATMs to acquire the debit card PIN by verifying the generated OTP.