EPFO no doubt has geared up digitization for online application and nomination facility. Hence, an account holder can update his / her nominee details online by visiting the official site of EPFO. Earlier, members of the EPF (Employee's Provident Fund) were asked to provide details about the nomination at the time of joining.
Though, there was no way to do so digitally in the circumstance of the need to make the modifications later. But now in the current digital era, you can update the details of your nomination online without leaving the comfort of your home or office by following the below-given steps.
Step 1: Visit the official site of EPFO and log in to your account by using your UAN and password.
Step 2: After a successful login, you can access the facility to change the details of your nominee under the 'Profile' tab through "Edit Nomination Details" on the UAN dashboard
Step 3: Now you will be redirected to the nomination page where you need to submit all the required details, KYC and corpus you want to assign
Step 4: Now you have to upload photographs of your family member whom you want to add as your nominee
Step 5: You can also add multiple nominees for this you have to add a new row on which you have to enter the required details
Step 6: Now click on 'Submit' to save the nomination declaration
Rules of EPF Nomination
Regarding nomination for EPF you have to keep in mind the below-listed rules.
- A nominee for an EPF account is must so that in case of premature death of the member, the amount can be transferred to the nominee.
- One can add more than one nominee in his / her EPF account
- A non-family member is considered as invalid, so it is mandated to nominate your family members
- It will be declared invalid in case of nominations made before the marriage, in case the employee gets married new nominations or post marriage, must be filled.
- The fund will be allocated equally to the family members if there is no nomination. For these distributions the primary son and the married daughter are not considered.