Having your mobile number registered with your SBI savings account allows you to track all your transactions on the go. Not only this, you can stay updated 24x7 with your account and also you will get alerts in case any suspicious transaction will take place with your savings account. To make use of the Internet Banking service, it is essential to have your mobile number registered with the State Bank of India (SBI) saving bank account. Below we have categorised 6 ways by covering which you can update or register mobile number with your SBI savings account in a simple and convenient manner.
Via Net Banking
Step.1 Visit onlinesbi.com and login to your account using your login credentials
Step.2 Now click on 'My Account & Profile' and select 'Profile' option.
Step.3 Now select personal details/Mobile under the 'Profile' menu
Step.4 Now enter your profile password (instead of your login password) and you will see your name, email ID and mobile number registered with your account.
Step.5 Now click on the link 'Change Mobile number -Domestic only' (Through OTP/ATM/Contact Centre)
Step.6 Now a new page will appear displaying 'Personal Details -mobile number update' with three options - 'create request', 'cancel request' and 'status'
Step.7 Click on the 'Create Request' option and enter your new mobile number
Step.8 Now confirm your mobile number by clicking on the pop-up message
Step.9 Now you have to approve the request of changing your mobile number by selecting any of the options from i.e. Through one-time password, on both mobile numbers (old and new), IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM and through the contact centre.
Step.10 Now choose the account for which you hold the debit card and click on 'Proceed'
Step.11 The next screen displays debit cards linked with your (active / inactive) account. Select the card that is active and then click on the 'Proceed' option.
Step.12 Now enter the details of your card, captcha code and then click on 'Submit'
Step.13 Once the verification is over, click on 'Pay' and follow the below-listed further steps as per your selected method i.e., via OTP, Net banking request through ATM, or contact centre.
Through OTP on both old and new mobile numbers
If this alternative has been selected, follow these steps to complete the procedure:
1. An OTP will be generated and sent to your new and old mobile numbers
2. Once you receive the passwords you need to send an SMS from your both numbers within 4 hours as per the format: ACTIVATE to 567676
3. The new mobile number will be registered in the bank's records once the validation of the OTP and the reference number is over. You will get a successful message on your new updated mobile number for the same.
Via Contact Centre
This option can be used if you do not have your old mobile number, or if you do not want to visit an SBI ATM.
1. An SMS will be sent to the new mobile number, with a reference number in order to change / update your mobile number.
2. You will get a call from your bank on your new mobile number within 3 working days. Ask the contact centre person to validate the reference number to you before disclosing any confidential info.
3. The new mobile number will be registered in Bank records following successful authentication and this will deliver a confirmation message on your updated mobile number instantly.
Via net banking request approval through ATM
1, You will get an SMS on your new mobile number containing your reference number
2. Now visit your nearest SBI ATM, insert your card at the card slot and tap on 'Services' and then enter your PIN
3. Now tap on the 'Others' tab and then select Internet Banking Approval Request' option and enter your reference number
4. Once the reference number is verified, your mobile number will be updated and you will get a confirmation message on your new mobile number
By visiting SBI ATM
Follow the below-mentioned steps in case you want to update your mobile number through SBI ATM.
1. Visit your nearest SBI ATM, insert your card at the card slot and then tap on the 'Registration' option
2. Now enter your PIN and tap on 'Update your mobile number' option
3. Enter your old mobile number and tap on 'Confirm', and then enter your new mobile number and confirm it
4. An OTP will be sent to your both old and new mobile numbers
5. As per the SBI call centre, you will have to send the OTP and reference numbers from both numbers to 567676 within four hours if you have your old and new numbers. Or else just send an SMS from your new mobile number only if you don't have your old mobile number. You'll get a call from the contact centre within the next 3 days. Confirm the reference number and verify the same, Your mobile number will be updated upon successful verification of your personal details.
Via Calling SBI Contact Centre
You must be a registered customer of phone banking to change your mobile number via phone banking. If you're already a registered customer of phone banking services, you need to dial the SBI contact centre (1800-11-22-11 or 1800-425-3800) and follow the further instructions. Before making the call, keep your ATM card details, PIN and bank account specifics ready.