For retirees, a life certificate is a crucial document because it serves as evidence of their survival. As a result, the pensioner will continue to get their pension without any problems. Jeevan Pramaan or life certificate is a biometrically enabled, Aadhaar-based digital life certificate for retirees.
The Jeevan Pramaan Patra, also known as a life certificate, must be shown to an authorised pension distributor or agency, such as a bank or post office. There are numerous ways to submit a life certificate. The pensioner who wishes to submit a life certificate typically needs to appear in person before the disbursing agency issues the document. However, to make things simpler for the elderly, the Center has developed digital life certificates (DLC), which are accepted as sufficient documentation for pension payments. The Digital Life Certificate, which is developed using biometric information, has proven to be a particularly helpful tool for obtaining proof of life. Let's learn how to check status of the digital life certificate
How to get the mobile app JeevanPramaan
- Visit https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in
- Click on the "Download" link for downloading the Jeevan Pramaan application.
- Enter email address, captcha, and then choose "I accept to Download."
- Enter the OTP
- After entering the OTP
- Now, click on 'Mobile app download'
- Click on the link received on the email id for downloading the application.
How to check digital life certificate status?
- Download the Digital Life Certificate after receiving your Praman ID by using this link: https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/ppouser/login.
- You can check the Digital life certificate status or you can download the PDF form of the certificate.
- An aadhaar number or VID is necessary for Generating the Jeevan Pramaan, or Digital Life Certificate,
Rejecting Jeevaan Pramaan
Jeevan Pramaan website advises to contact your Pension Disbursing Agency. JeevanPramaan is rejected if the pensioner provides incorrect information when generating the DLC. It is advised to generate a new JeevanPramaan, i.e. Pramaan-ID, by providing all necessary information and biometrics.