If you have changed jobs more than once, it is critical that you merge all of your Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) accounts from previous employers with the new one. This is necessary for a critical reason related to taxation on EPF withdrawals. The government created the Universal Account Number (UAN) to assist you in seamlessly merging pf accounts. The EPF assigns each member a 12-digit unique number. The UAN number allows all PF accounts to be linked under a single account, making tracking much easier. There are additional benefits to having a UAN number because it allows employees to quickly transfer funds from one PF account to another. The Universal Account Number, or UAN, can be used to merge multiple EPF accounts. The UAN allows you to consolidate all of your EPF accounts into a single account. Here is how you can merge two epf accounts.
How to Merge EPF Accounts Online?
If you want to merge your EPF accounts online, the process is relatively simple. This section includes the following steps:
- Using the EPFO Portal
- Go to the EPFO website.
- Select Services.
- Select a link for one employee and one EPF account.
- After clicking the One EPF Account link, a window will appear.
- On the screen, the employee must enter information such as their phone number and UAN, among other things.
- Following the entry of critical information, you should click on Generate OTP, which will send an OTP to the registered mobile phone number.
- Enter the OTP received and then Verify.
- You will be taken to another window where you can enter information about previous EPF accounts that you want to merge.
- Before clicking Submit, mark the declaration provided. Merging two EPF accounts is a simple procedure that results in a single consolidated account. This makes merging PF accounts a very simple process.
If the member has two UANs, he or she may request that the previous allotted UAN be deactivated. To do so, the user must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They must mention both the current and previous UANs. Following verification, the previous UAN will be blocked, while the current UAN will remain active. Later, the user must file a claim for the transfer of service and funds to the current UAN.
Facilities by EPFO
- EPFO has recently made Aadhar Cards the primary identifier.
- With the UAN, you can easily combine multiple accounts for an EPFO member into a single account.
- As previously stated, the EPFO provides a facility for mergers. The UAN is also mentioned on the pay stub. The member should go to the EPFO website at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and then click Active UAN to activate their UAN. The authorization pin will be generated after entering the UAN, date of birth, name, and mobile phone number.
- When this pin is entered and authenticated, the UAN is activated. Keep in mind that the merging function will be available only three days after your UAN has been activated.
- If you prefer, you can transfer your EPF account online. The transfer procedure is straightforward, efficient, and convenient.
- You can also submit the claim through either your previous or current employer, depending on your preference.
- You should always keep your Aadhar and KYC information up to date and registered with the EPFO.