In order to facilitate provident fund subscribers to utilise digital services such as initiating withdrawals during the pandemic of COVID-19, the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made significant progress to enable the subscribers to update their KYC details with ease. The organisation has been effectively updating its Know Your Customer (KYC) data in its effort to expand the availability and range of its online services to allow its customers to access its services via digital style. The KYC update is a one-time mechanism that allows its subscribers to validate their identity by linking their Universal Account Number (UAN) with the KYC specifics.
The KYC details consist of the PAN, Aadhaar and Bank Account details of an employee. Hence, it is mandated for a subscriber to update his / her KYC details in order to claim withdrawal and experience various online services. One can update or change KYC details on EPFO Member portal by visiting the EPFO UAN Portal. After a successful login, a subscriber can update his / her KYC details by utilising the necessary documents and UAN number. So, follow the below-covered steps to update your KYC details and check the status of the same.
- Visit EPFO UAN portal and login to your EPF account using the UAN and password
- Go to the 'Manage' tab and click on 'KYC' from the drop-down list
- Now fill all the required details of your PAN, Aadhaar, Passport, Driving License, Ration card, Election card, and bank account correctly in the form
- Now select the document which you want to update and mark a tick on the given box
- Now enter the specifics of the selected document and click on the 'Save' option
- Once the verification is done by the EPFO, the KYC details of your document will be stated as verified.
EPFO KYC Status
Your KYC status will be shown under the section 'KYC Pending for Approval'. Please keep in mind that you must have submitted the document proof to your employer which you want to update. The EPFO will only update your KYC details if your documents are verified by your employer, You can see the status of your documents that you had submitted to your employer in the 'Digital Approved KYC' tab under KYC section. Once your KYC documents are approved and updated, the documents will be displayed as 'approved by establishment' and 'online verification status'.
Check EPF KYC Status via UAN Card
- Visit Member e-Sewa Portal and login to your account using the credentials
- Now go to the 'View' tab and click UAN card' option
- The UAN card will show 'Yes' in front of KYC information row if the KYC details are updated in your EPF account.