The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) recently revealed that Aadhaar cardholders would now be able to access more than 35 services from the convenience of their home using their smartphone. These services include Aadhaar Card download, Aadhaar Card status check, Aadhaar Card reprint, and so on. The UIDAI stated that in order to use these services, one must first download the mAadhaar App on their mobile phone. The mAadhaar app is more than just a digital form of an Aadhaar card in your pocket. The resident can use the mAadhaar App to access services such as downloading or ordering reprint of Aadhaar or retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar, viewing and managing Aadhaar card offline, updating address and mobile number in Aadhaar, generating or retrieving VID, checking request status, getting update history and Authentication details, and so on. To know how to avail Aadhaar-related services on the mAadhaar app, check the procedure below:
Steps to download mAadhaar app
Both Android and iPhone users can download the mAadhaar app just in a matter of seconds. To install the app, follow the instructions outlined below:
- Visit the default app store of your mobile phone and type mAadhaar in the search bar.
- Android users can click on this link to download the app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.uidai.mAadhaarPlus&hl=en_IN).
- iOS users can click on this direct link to download the app on their mobile phone (https://apps.apple.com/in/app/maadhaar/id1435469474).
- While downloading, you must verify the developer's name is shown as 'Unique Identification Authority of India' to ensure you are installing the official app.
- After downloading the app, open it and accept the terms and conditions, usage guidelines, and language preference settings to proceed further.
Steps to create a profile on mAadhaar
Only those who have an Aadhaar linked to their registered mobile number are eligible to generate an Aadhaar profile on the mAadhaar App. The following are the steps for creating an Aadhaar profile:
- Open the mAadhaar app on your mobile phone and tap on the "Register Aadhaar" option on the top of the main dashboard.
- Now create a 4 digit Pin/Password and enter your Valid Aadhaar number & CAPTCHA code.
- Now you will get an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number. Enter the OTP and tap on ‘Submit'.
- Once the OTP is verified, your profile would get registered successfully. You can view your profile along with your registered Aadhaar Name under the ‘Registered' tab.
- Now tap on the My Aadhaar tab on the bottom menu and enter the 4-digit Pin/Password.
- Now My Aadhaar Dashboard will appear on your device screen.
Steps to view your profile on mAadhaar app
You can access your registered profile by tapping on the profile summary at the top of the main dashboard. Check out these steps to access your Aadhaar profile:
- Open the mAadhaar app and tap on the ‘Aadhaar Profile' tab under the main dashboard.
- Now enter the generated 4 digit Pin/Password and the front side of your Aadhaar will appear. You can slide it to the left to view the backside of your Aadhaar.
- Continue sliding to the left to check other profiles that have been added.
- Tap on the My Aadhaar option at the bottom of the Dashboard screen to open the Aadhaar Profile page and access the services included there.
Tweet from UIDAI
The UIDAI recently announced on Twitter about Aadhaar services that "Get over 35 Aadhaar services like download Aadhaar, status check, order Aadhaar reprint, locate Aadhaar Kendra etc. on your smartphone. Download the #mAadhaarApp from: https://tinyurl.com/yx32kkeq (Android), https://tinyurl.com/taj87tg (iOS)."
Get over 35 Aadhaar services like download Aadhaar, status check, order Aadhaar reprint, locate Aadhaar Kendra etc. on your smartphone. Download the #mAadhaarApp from: https://t.co/62MEOeR7Ff (Android) https://t.co/GkwPFzuxPQ (iOS) pic.twitter.com/A5XA44qXtB— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) June 7, 2021