HDFC Bank announced the availability of Mobile Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) across India to assist customers during the lockdown, in light of the rising Covid-19 cases and restrictions placed in various parts of the country. During last year's lockdown, HDFC Bank successfully deployed mobile ATMs in over 50 cities, allowing lakhs of customers to get cash to meet their needs.
An Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is a computerized machine that allows bank customers to access their accounts, withdraw money, and conduct other financial transactions without having to visit a branch. Mobile ATMs are portable and can be placed anywhere.
Any ATM, Debit, Credit, or Prepaid Card that allows cash withdrawals at an ATM may be used. These cards may also be used for a variety of other purchases.
The locations for Mobile ATM deployment are being determined in collaboration with the city's local authorities.
How can you use an HDFC ATM?
Step 1: Visit your nearest HDFC ATM
Step 2: Insert your card into the ATM
Step 3: Leave the card in the terminal until the transaction is complete
Step 4: Click on the services to be availed
Step 5:Follow the instructions on the ATM screen
Step 6: Remove the card ONLY when prompted
Step 7:Press CANCEL on the keypad before leaving the ATM
Type of services offered on HDFC Mobile ATMs
- Cash withdrawal -
- Balance enquiry
- Request for mini-statements -
- Changing ATM PIN- Change your ATM PIN whenever you want
- Generating ATM PIN through Green PIN
- Making Credit Card payments
- Instant Loans to Customers
- Ordering Cheque book / account statement
- Prepaid mobile recharge
- Transferring funds between accounts linked to the same ATM / Debit Card
- Paying Utility bills
- Enquiring about cheque status
- Requesting for IPIN (Netbanking PIN)
- Registering for Mobile Banking
- Updating the Mobile Number
- Card-less Cash Withdrawal
You can also change your PIN, pay Utility bills, pay credit card bills and Top-up your mobile and much more at HDFC ATM's.
- HDFC ATMs can help you order a checkbook or an account statement.
- Get a mini-statement showing your account balance and the last 9 transactions on your account.
- Pre-select your chosen language, account, and amount for your cash withdrawal transactions to save time.
- At any of HDFC ATMs, you can pay your HDFC Bank Credit Card bill. Your Debit / ATM card's primary account will be deducted.
- You can move money back and forth between the accounts. A card can be linked to a maximum of 16 accounts (savings and current).
- BillPay, a comprehensive bill payment service, allows you to pay your mobile, telephone, and electricity bills through our ATMs.
- Request your NetBanking password (IPIN) at an ATM, and it will be mailed to the address on your record.
- Register for MobileBanking to access our banking services directly from your phone.
- DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) allows a foreigner to view the precise amount that will be deducted from his bank account overseas when using an ATM.