The central government recently announced that the timeframe for pensioners to submit their life certificates has been extended. The Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare (DoPPW) said in a statement dated December 1, 2021 that "In view of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in various states and keeping in view of the vulnerability of the elderly population to Corona Virus, it has now been decided to extend the existing timeline for submission of life certificate for all age group of pensioners from 30/11/2021 onwards. Now, all Central Government pensioners may submit a life certificate till 31st December 2021. During this extended period, the pension will continue to be paid by the Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDA) uninterrupted."As a result, pension policyholders and staff of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) can submit their Aadhaar-based life certificate online from the comfort of their residence.
Way to get or submit Aadhaar-based digital life certificate online
Policyholders of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) can submit their life certificates from the convenience of their own residence. It is no longer necessary to go to their local LIC branch for the same. They can keep receiving their pension by submitting their Digital Life Certificate using the newly launched mobile app LIC Jeevan Saakshya with only a few taps. They only need to download the app from Google Play Store. The following are some prerequisites for submitting a life certificate using this app.
- The policyholder's Aadhaar number must be linked to his or her mobile number.
- The policyholder has to keep his or her Aadhaar number and pension policy details handy, as these details are required to submit after installing the app.
- The pensioner's smartphone should have a selfie camera and an active internet connection to finish the process of getting or submitting his or her Digital Life Certificate.
Steps to get Aadhaar-based life certificate using LIC Jeevan Saakshya app
- Visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lic.dl and tap on 'Install' to download the LIC Jeevan Saakshya app.
- Now enter your mobile number or email address in order to get registered on the app.
- Now create a 4-digit MPIN and confirm the same.
- Enter the 4-digit MPIN and tap on 'Login'.
- Now under the 'Pensioner' section, click your selfie and upload the same.
- Enter your Annuity/Pension Number, date of birth and select your type of pension.
- Click on 'Submit' and you can view your digital life certificate upon successful verification of OTP received on your registered mobile number or email address.
Steps to submit Aadhaar-based life certificate using LIC Jeevan Saakshya app
- Open the LIC Jeevan Saakshya app on your mobile and enter the 4-digit MPIN to sign in.
- Now tap on the 'Facilitator' section and provide the required information of the facilitator.
- This is a feature that allows an individual who is neither an annuitant or a staff pensioner can support them in submitting the life certificate.
- Now enter the Aadhaar number and policy details of the annuitant/ pensioner.
- Now you will get a one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the required space on the app, verify the same and capture a photograph of the annuitant or pensioner.
- Submit the details and you are done.
For more details, click here.