The Department of Posts debuted the "Interactive Voice Response (IVR)" facility for Post Office Savings Bank (POSB) account customers using which they can avail a plethora of services for National Savings Schemes (Small Savings Schemes) by calling Indiapost toll-free number 18002666868 through their registered mobile number. POSB account holders can use the new IVR service to perform a variety of services on their account, including conducting account balance inquiries for all schemes, blocking of ATM cards, transactions inquiry for savings accounts (SB/PPEF/SSA), transactions inquiry for term deposit accounts (TD/RD/SCSS/MIS/KVP/NSC), issuance of new ATM cards, interest earned on a specific small savings scheme and much more. The following are the details of different facilities provided to POSB customers via the "Interactive Voice Response (IVR)" system:
Call toll free number 18002666868 and undertake the ways listed below to conduct various account-related services:
press 1 for Hindi
press 2 for English
press 5 for account balance inquiry (all schemes). (Enter account number followed by #)
press 6 for blocking of ATM card
- press 1 using Card Number
- press 2 using Account Number
- press 3 using Customer ID (CIF No)
press 7 for other Services
press 2 for India Post Banking Services (POSB)
press 1 for inquiries or transactions on your savings account (SB/PPEF/SSA)
(enter account number followed by #)
- press 1 to know the status of cheque issued on your account.
- press 2 to know the details of the last four transactions on your account.
- press 3 to know the details of a specific transaction of your account.
- press 4 to know the interest earned and paid or tax deducted on your account.
- press 5 to stop payment of cheque of your account.
- press # to repeat options.
- press* to go to the previous menu.
press 2 for inquiries on transactions on your term deposit account (TD/RD/SCSS/MIS/KVP/NSC) (enter account number followed by #).
press 3 for ATM related requests
- press 1 for ATM card pin change.
- press 2 to issue a new ATM card
- press # to repeat options
- press * to go to the previous menu
press 4 for more information on postal savings products
- press 1 for a new account and scheme
- press 2 for debit or ATM card details
- press 3 for the rate of interest and service charge
- press 4 for third party products
- press # to repeat options
- press * to go to the previous menu.
The toll-free inquiry helpline number 18002666868 is open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, excluding Sundays and Gazetted Holidays. And to lodge a complaint POSB account holders can visit https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/ComplaintRegistration.aspx and enter all the required and mandatory details to submit their complaint application.