The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues an Aadhaar card to citizens of India that carries demographic and 12-digit biometric details. Children under the age of five will not have their biometrics recorded. Their UID will be generated using demographic data and a facial photograph related to their parents' UID. When these children reach 5 and 15, they will need to upgrade their biometrics, that include ten fingers, iris, and facial photographs. Children's Aadhaar enrollment is very close to that of adults. To do so, take your child to an Aadhaar enrollment center near you and fill out an enrollment form. Don't forget to bring with you all the required documents, as well as the reference number and a printout of the form, to the center on the scheduled appointment date. Enrolling your child for Aadhaar requires the parent or guardian's Aadhaar number as well as the child's birth certificate. Kids under the age of five will not have their biometrics recorded. The Aadhaar of the child will be linked to the Aadhaar of her or his parents respectively. To apply Aadhaar for your newborn baby follow the steps covered below.
Steps to apply Aadhaar for a newborn baby
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/ and click on the Aadhaar registration link
- Now enter the name of the child, parent's phone number, e-mail address, and other required specifics.
- Now you will be asked to enter demographic details such as a residential address, locality, district, state, etc.
- Now click on the 'fixed appointment' option and schedule the appointment date in order to proceed further
- To proceed with the application process, the applicant should select the nearest enrollment center.
Fees and charges required
- The parent is not charged a fee for enrolling his or her newborn baby for Aadhaar.
- When a child is 5 or 15 years old, he or she does not have to pay a fee for a biometric update.
- During this period, though, if any demographic data has to be changed, the applicant will have to pay a fee of Rs.30.
- The applicant will have to pay a fee of Rs. 30 if he wishes to change his biometric data in Aadhaar in the future.
Children's parents can link their mobile number to their child's Aadhaar card and use the mAadhaar app to carry their child's Aadhaar card on the go. The mAadhaar app can store up to three Aadhaar cards. The mAadhaar app allows an individual to access both his and his child's Aadhaar card. The child's Aadhaar card can be downloaded at any time using mAadhaar app and can be used as proof of identity or address. Parents with children under the age of five, as well as those aged five to fifteen, can use the facilities of mAadhaar app.