The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) introduced the Aadhaar in the form of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card in October 2020, much like your debit card which means you can hold Aadhaar PVC Card in your wallet. You can use your 28 digit enrollment ID (EID) or 16 digit virtual ID (VID) to apply for an Aadhaar PVC Card online by paying a fee of Rs 50 only. A PVC card is a plastic card on which details about Aadhaar is printed, to apply for the same just follow the steps below, and you are done:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI and under 'My Aadhaar section' click on the 'Order Aadhaar PVC Card' option.
- Now you will be asked to enter either the 12 digit Aadhaar number or the 16 digits virtual ID or the 28 digit EID.
- Enter the correct security code or captcha you and click on 'Send OTP'
- You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number, after authenticating the OTP the preview of the PVC card will be displayed on your device screen.
- Now head to the payment section and pay the required fee of Rs 50.
- Once the payment is done, the Aadhaar PVC Card will be ordered successfully
- The new security features are loaded with the Aadhaar PVC Card. A hologram, Guilloche Pattern, ghost picture & Microtext are among its security components