On 14 April, the nationwide lockdown was further extended by the central government to 3 May.
During the lockdown implemented to curb the spread of COVID-19, there are restrictions on free movement for which the state governments have launched an e-pass system. This an online facility allows residents to apply for movement passes or e-passes to go outside their locality or society for certain approved requirements only.
These are especially for those work in essential services like medical care, health care, electricity department, water department, chemists, police, security personnel, media services, banks, animal fodder and ration.
You can copy-paste the applicable link from the list below to visit your state/UT's website:
Jammu and Kashmir
Procedure to apply for e-pass
1. Visit the website of the respective state/union territory.
2. Select the 'apply e-pass' tab and fill the e-pass form with details asked for. You will be required to provide details on:
- Mobile Number
- Government ID
- Vehicle registration number (RC book)
- District and town name
3. Upload the supporting documents, if any, and submit your application
4. On approval, you will receive the message from the authority.
5. You could take a print-out of the e-pass or show the e-copy to the police and other authorities enquiring your movement.