With the rise of cyber threats, your ATM or debit card will likely be used fraudulently. Particularly now, during Covid-19, when we are completely reliant on online transactions. The largest public sector bank in India, State Bank of India, offers its customers the option of blocking and reissuing their ATM/Debit cards offline, online, or via the YONO App. SBI claims that blocking and re-issuing a debit card is now easy. Let's guide you through the steps of blocking and reissuing an SBI ATM/Debit card here.
Block SBI Debit Card By SMS: Type "BLOCK XXXX" and send it to 567676 from your registered mobile number to block your card. The XXXX represents the last four digits of your SBI ATM Card.
Block SBI Debit Card via Phone Call: SBI's helpline numbers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the customers. To block your SBI Debit Card you need to call any of these three numbers. 1800 11 2211 (toll-free), 1800 425 3800 (toll-free) or 080 2659 9990.
Block SBI Debit Card via YONO: Sign in to the SBI YONO mobile app if you have one. Select the 'Service Request' option and then Block ATM/ Debit Card. Proceed by entering your internet banking profile password. Now choose the account that the card is linked to. Then choose a "card number" and a "reason to block the card" either temporarily or permanently.
Block SBI Debit Card via online banking
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com and sign in to your net banking account using the required credentials.
- Now under the 'e-services' tab, select 'ATM Card Services' > 'Block ATM Card' and then select the bank account with which the card is linked.
- Select the card you want to block and then select the 'reason to block the card' option. Once you've double-checked your details, click "Submit."
- Choose between SMS OTP and Profile Password for authentication.
- Select 'confirm' after entering the SMS OTP or Profile Password. A Ticket Number will be issued after an effective submission which you need to keep safe for potential use.
How to reissue a new SBI Debit Card via net banking?
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com and sign in to your net banking account
- Now under the 'e-services' tab, select 'ATM Card Services' > 'Request ATM/Debit Card'
- Choose between SMS OTP and Profile Password for identity verification. Select 'confirm' after entering the SMS OTP or Profile Password. Choose the account for which a new card will be issued.
- Select the type of card you want to issue and enter the name you like to be printed on it. Accept the terms and conditions by clicking the submit button. On the next tab, double-check your details before clicking "Submit." In 7-8 working days, you will receive your new SBI ATM/Debit Card at your given or registered address.
How to reissue a new SBI Debit Card via the YONO app?
- Open the SBI YONO app on your mobile phone and sign in to your account.
- Now select 'Service Request' and then select the 'Request New/Replacement' option.
- Now select the account for which you want to issue a new debit card and type the name you like to be printed on it.
- Now select the type of card that you want to issue and accept the terms and conditions.
- Now confirm your address at which you want the card to get delivered
- You will now get an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP and verify the same.
How to reissue a new SBI Debit Card via SBI Card Mobile App?
- Open the sbicard mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap on 'Menu' and select 'Service Request'
- Now tap on 'Reissue/Replace Card' and select your card number.
- Tap on 'Submit' and you are done.
Charges applicable for issuing a new SBI Debit Card
In the instance of a reissue/replacement, a replacement fee of Rs 100, including GST, will be charged. You will get a new card in 7 working days after submitting a reissue/replacement request.