GST registration is now required for all businesses. Regardless of the sort of company activity, businesses with a yearly turnover of more than Rs 40 lakhs must register for GST. There are a number of benefits to registering for GST.
A previously registered taxpayer may be required to update his GST profile, which may need amending his GST Registration certificate. GST modification refers to any change made to the details of a GST registration.
GST FORM REG-14 must be submitted if the principal place of business's address is to be changed or if a new principal place of business is to be added. To alter the business address, the GST registration amendment application must include confirmation of the new address.
Simple steps to change address in GST portal.
Step 1: Log in to GST Portal
Step 2: Go to Services > Click on Registration
Step 3: Edit button, choose the field which you wish to alter
Step 3: Select Amendment of Registration Core Fields
Step 4: Select tab 'Principal Place of Business or 'Additional Place of Business
Step5: Enter a reason for the change and Confirm the same
Step 6: REG-14 of the GST. To change your GST, you must fill out this form.
FORM GST REG-15 will be verified and approved by the GST officer within 15 days. The change will take effect on the event's date of occurrence.
Step 7: Select an authorized signatory, enter a location, and sign the application using DSC, E-sign, or EVC.
A success message appears on the screen, and a copy of the acknowledgment is sent to the registered email and mobile phone.
Note: Please contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069 if you require any assistance with the full process of GST registration or GST amendment.
GST Portal: Can the PAN number and State be changed or updated?
No, the PAN number for a specific GST registration cannot be changed. There is a mistake in the PAN number or a change in the PAN due to a change in the business's constitution in this scenario (like proprietor to partnership). The applicant will thereafter have no choice but to register for a new registration using the GST REG-01 form.
What is accepted as proof of address?
- Any document proving ownership of the property, such as the most recent Property Tax Receipt, a copy of the Municipal Khata, or a copy of the Electricity Bill.
- A copy of the current Rent / Lease Agreement, along with any document proving the Lessor's ownership of the premises, such as the most recent Property Tax Receipt, a copy of the Municipal Khata, or a copy of the Electricity Bill.
- An affidavit to that effect, as well as any document proving possession of the premises, such as a copy of the electric bill.
Who can file the amendment of the registration application?
The following GST-registered individuals are eligible to file a change of registration application:
- New Registrants & Normal Taxpayers
- TDS/ TCS Registrants, UN Bodies, Embassies & Other, Notified person having UIN
- Non-Resident Taxable Person
- GST Practitioner
- Online Details and Database Access or Retrieval Service Provider