The Universal Account Number (UAN) has emerged as an integral aspect of the facilities of the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) and account holders can conveniently manage it online. The UAN is effectively a 12-digit account number issued to every employee where EPF contributions are rendered by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). The UAN enables the procedure of managing PF account operations much simpler for account holders, such as using PF loans, withdrawals, and reviewing the EPF balance. Account holders need to enable the UAN first in order to verify the EPF balance. To activate the UAN you need to follow the below-listed steps:
Procedure to activate UAN online on EPFO portal
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Now click on the 'Activate UAN' option and then enter your UAN, name, date of birth, mobile number, and verify the captcha code.
- Now click on 'Get Authorization PIN' and then you will get a one time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the required field and confirm all the details by clicking on the 'I Agree' option.
- Authenticate the OTP and click on the 'Validate OTP and Activate UAN' option.
- You will get a password on your registered mobile number to access your EPF account upon successful activation of UAN.
- Once your UAN is activated you can check the balance of your EPF account only after 6 hours.
How to know UAN number online?
By following the below steps you can get your UAN number on UAN portal:
- Visit UAN Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and click on the option 'Know your UAN Status'
- Now from the drop-down list select your state and respective EPFO office.
- Now enter other required details such as your PF number/member ID(mentioned on your salary statement), name, date of birth, mobile number and captcha code.
- Click on the 'Get Authorization Pin' option, and then you will get a PIN on your registered mobile number. Authenticate the PIN and click on the 'Validate OTP and get UAN' option.
- Once the OTP is validated you will get your UAN on your register mobile number instantly.
Procedure to update your registered mobile number in EPF account online
EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organisation) has launched numerous facilities for its members such as to enable their UAN or universal online account number, update their mobile number and so on by visiting the official website of EPF. In case you want to update your registered mobile number in EPF account you can do the same by following the below-listed steps:
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and sign in to your account using the required credentials.
- Under the 'Manage' section, click on 'Contact Details' and then click on the 'Check Mobile Number' option.
- Now you will be asked to enter your current/new mobile number twice on the required space.
- Click on the 'Get Authorization Pin' option, and you will get an OTP on your new mobile number.
- Authenticate the OTP and click on 'Submit'
- Once the OTP is verified your new mobile number will be updated in the EPF portal.
Note: Additionally, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) officially confirmed that it had commenced crediting its more than six crore members with an 8.5 percent interest rate on the PF account of employees for the fiscal year of 2019-20. To check your PF account balance you can click here: 4 Ways To Check EPF Balance