Aadhaar cardholders can now change their photo by visiting their nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre, according to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). One of the most common complaints among 12-digit unique identification number holders is dissatisfaction with their Aadhaar Card photograph. According to UIDAI, Aadhaar cardholders must go to their nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre and request a photo change with an Aadhaar representative. The representative at the Aadhaar enrollment centre will charge a fee of Rs 25 plus GST for changing your photograph. Once the Aadhaar cardholder pays the photograph change fee, the representative there will change the photograph. The Aadhaar representative will also issue the Aadhaar cardholder an acknowledgement slip with an Update Request Number (URN).
Steps to change the Aadhaar photograph online
- Visit uidai.gov.in and download the Aadhaar enrollment form
- Fill out the Aadhaar enrollment form and hand it to an Aadhaar representative at the nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre.
- At the Aadhaar enrollment centre, the Aadhaar representative will get your biometric data and also take your photograph.
- The representative will charge Rs 25 plus GST to update your Aadhaar Card photograph.
- You will also receive an acknowledgement slip with an Update Request Number (URN) from the representative.
- You can now use the URN to check if the photograph on your Aadhaar Card has changed, and then download an upgraded Aadhaar card with the new photograph from the UIDAI portal.
Steps to download the updated Aadhaar card online
You can download the new Aadhaar card online once your application to change the photograph in Aadhaar has been approved. To get the new Aadhaar Card, follow the steps outlined below.
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/ and head to the 'My Aadhaar' section.
- Now click on 'Download Aadhaar' and you will be redirected to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Now you will get three options to download your Aadhaar Card i.e. Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID and Virtual ID.
- Select the 'Aadhaar Number' option and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number
- Now click on the 'I Want a Masked Aadhaar?' option and enter the 'Captcha Code'
- Now click on 'Send OTP' and you will get a one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP in the required space and complete the 'Take a Quick Survey'.
- Now to download the e-Aadhaar card, click on 'Verify and Download'