SBI, being the biggest bank in India makes it a hub of Debit and Credit card users. You probably also have one SBI Card? If yes, you must have come across a situation like many others where you forgot your ATM card PIN. You can withdraw money from your bank account after properly inputting the ATM PIN.
Even though, in the era of UPI and NetBanking, ATM PIN still holds an important place in transactions. Nowadays, as an added security measure, some e-commerce transactions are allowed using an ATM PIN. In case you forget your ATM PIN, SBI allows its consumers to change, or generate a new SBI ATM PIN via mobile/net banking and SMS, and without visiting the branch.
In case you forgot your SBI ATM PIN, or it's been a long time since you haven't changed your ATM PIN and wish to change it for security reasons you can do it all through NetBanking online. You don't need to visit the home branch with all your documents and Ids to change it. All you need is SBI's NetBanking facility with user and password.
Change ATM PIN via NetBanking
Follow the steps to generate /change the ATM PIN:
- Visit onlinesbi.com and log in to your online banking account using your User ID and password.
- From the E-Services menu, select "ATM Card Services."
- Select "ATM PIN Generation" from the drop-down menu.
- Select "Using Profile Password" if you have a profile password. If you know your profile password, you can use it to complete transactions more quickly. Select "Using
- One Time Password (OTP)" if you don't have a profile password. OTP will be sent to your phone number.
- To validate your identity, use a suitable password.
- Choose the bank account that is linked to your card. A list of active cards associated with your profile will be displayed. Choose the card for which you'd want to alter the PIN.
- Type in a new PIN and double-check it by entering it again. You will get confirmation of updating your PIN on the online banking display, as well as on your registered mobile number and email address.
Change ATM PIN at SBI ATM
If you don't have access to the NetBanking facility even then you can change your ATM PIN without visiting the bank branch. Follow the Steps:
- Insert the SBI ATM Card
- Select the "PIN Generation" option displayed on the ATM screen
- Enter your account details
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Confirm the OTP on the ATM screen, and it will allow you to change your ATM PIN
Change PIN through IVR
You can also change the ATM PIN through SMS. SBI also allows its customers to change the ATM PIN through SMS. All you need is a registered mobile number and account details with you.
- You may update your SBI ATM PIN from the convenience of your own home if you have your ATM card, passbook, and registered mobile number handy.
- Call 18004253800 or 1800112211 from your registered mobile phone number.
- The IVR menu will prompt you to input your 16-digit SBI ATM card number as well as your account number.
- You will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your smartphone after successfully submitting both.
- You can update your ATM PIN and finish the IVR transaction after submitting the OTP.