The members of EPFO or Employment Provident Fund Organisation are given the facility to file a nominee, the nomination facility allows them to avail social security of their family members. Individuals can submit their PF nominations using the EPFO portal using an e-nominee form available at epfindia.gov.in. If you are a member of EPFO, you should be aware of the fact that you can change the EPF or PF account nominee by filing a fresh PF nomination. Let's explore, how?
Here's how you can do it in a few easy steps online at the portal:
- Visit the epfindia.gov.in
- Then, under 'Service,' select the 'For Employees' button from the drop-down menu.
- Then, in Services, go to the 'Member UAN/Online Service' tab.
- Enter your UAN and password to log in.
- Go to the 'Manage' page and click on 'E-Nomination.'
- To change your family declaration, choose 'Yes.'
- Select 'Add Family Details' from the drop-down menu.
- Select 'Nomination Details' to indicate the entire share amount.
- After declaring your EPF nomination, click 'Save EPF Nomination'.
- To produce an OTP, click 'E-sign.'
- You will receive an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Submit the one-time password (OTP).
- Your E-nomination has been sent to EPFO.
Rules for Filing Nominee In EPFO
Why is EPFO nomination is important and what are the rules associated with EPFO that makes filing Nomination important:
- Every EPF account should have a nominee so that the money can be transferred in the event of the member's early death or any misfortune.
- A member can file multiple nominees and while filing the nominee each nominee's percentage of the fund can also be set by the member.
- Subscribers can only file family members in the EPFO nomination. A non-family member will be regarded as ineligible.
- The maturity amount will be paid to the nominee upon the member's death. The payout would be based on a predetermined percentage by the subscriber if there is.
- In case, the nominations are made before the marriage by the subscriber it will be ruled void if the member marries. Following a marriage, additional nominations are required.
- If no nominations are received, the funds will be dispersed evenly among family members.
- The major son and married daughter aren't included in this calculation.
- Anyone can be nominated in EPF if the member does not have a family during the nomination time. The nomination should, however, be changed to a family member once the individual has a family. If a minor is nominated, the guardian should be a member of the family.