According to the Unique Identification Authority of India, the Aadhaar Authentication History function, which is accessible on the UIDAI portal, includes specifics of previous authentications done by the particular Indian resident. Residents can verify their Aadhaar Authentication record by entering their Aadhaar Number/VID. It should be noted, however, that a registered mobile number is required to use this service. The bearer of an Aadhaar number can access details of all authentication activities done in the previous 6 months by any Authentication User Agency (AUA) or by himself/herself. According to UIDAI, a maximum of 50 records can be accessed at a time. So if you want to know where and when your Aadhaar number is used, follow the steps and ways below.
List of details an Aadhaar Cardholder can get from Aadhaar authentication history
According to UIDAI's official website, residents can get or view the following details in their Aadhaar Authentication history for each Authentication performed by them.
1. Auth Modality.
2. Date & Time of Authentication.
3. UIDAI Response code.
4. AUA Name
5. AUA Transaction ID (With Code)
6. Authentication Response (Success/Failure)
7. UIDAI Error code
Steps to check Aadhaar authentication history using Aadhaar or VID number
Residents can use their Aadhaar number to check the authentication history by following the steps listed below:
- Visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/aadhaar-auth-history and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16-digit Virtual ID number under the ‘Aadhaar Number' section.
- Now enter the security code and click on ‘Send OTP'
- You will now receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number which you need to verify by entering it in the required space.
- Now select your ‘Authentication Type' from Demographic / Biometric / OTP / Demographic & Biometric / Biometric & OTP / Demographic & OTP. You can even select all the options at once.
- Now specify the date range for which you want to track your Aadhaar authentication history.
- Now enter the number of records that you want to track, please keep in mind that you can get up to 50 records at once.
- Now you will again receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number which you need to verify by clicking on ‘Verify OTP'.
- Upon successful verification of the OTP, UIDAI will disclose a page that includes the details of your Aadhaar authentication.
Steps to check Aadhaar authentication history using mAadhaar app
You can also check your Aadhaar authentication history via mAadhaar app. Before following the steps below for the same, please make sure that you have kept your Aadhaar-linked mobile number handy.
- Open the mAadhaar app on your mobile phone and go to the ‘My Aadhaar' section/tab.
- Now tap on ‘Auth History' and enter the security CAPTCHA code.
- Now tap on ‘Request OTP' and select the authentication type from the drop-down menu.
- Select the date range for which you want to get your Aadhaar authentication history and enter the received OTP.
- Tap on ‘Submit' and upon successful verification, your Aadhaar authentication history will be displayed on your mobile screen.
Note: An Aadhaar authentication report is password protected which you can access by entering the first 4 letters of your name in CAPITAL and the year of birth (YYYY) as a password. For example, your name is ABCD and your year of birth is 1990, your password would be ABCD1990.