Your credit score is one of the considerations that decides whether a bank or lending firm will credit you or not. A CIBIL score is a three-digit numeric overview of your credit history and a preview of your credit profile respectively. The rating is calculated on the basis of your past financial transactions as reported with CIBIL by banks and lenders (details of which are accessible in the CIBIL customer record). The CIBIL Score falls in the range of 300 to 900. The higher the CIBIL score i.e. 900, the greater the chances of acceptance of the consumer's credit card or loan request. CIBIL is one of India's four credit rating firms.
You can also review your credit profile on banking service aggregator portals other than the CIBIL website. You can either do it for free or access it on the CIBIL platform to verify your credit score by purchasing a subscription package. You can see the latest CIBIL Report once a year with a free account. CIBIL has premium packages that, depending on the package you select, provide access to different additional benefits. But as we are talking here about checking your CIBIL score for free, you can initiate the same by following the below listed simple steps from the convenience of your home or workplace.
- Visit the official website of CIBIL (https://www.cibil.com/) and under the right corner of the page click on "Get your CIBIL Score".
- Now you will be redirected to the subscription options page where you have to click on the 'Free Annual CIBIL Score and Report Online' link.
- Now you will be asked to enter your email ID, name, password, ID proof (such as PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar), date of birth, pin code, and mobile number in order to create an account.
- Once you submit the details click on 'ACCEPT & CONTINUE'.
- On the next page, you will have to verify your submitted details using the OTP that will be generated on your mobile number.
- Click on 'Continue' and you will get a successful registration message on your device screen. You will also get a notification on your email id for the same.
- Now click on 'GO TO DASHBOARD' in order to check your CIBIL score.
- Now you will be redirected to (myscore.cibil.com) page where you can check your CIBIL Score and CIBIL Report for free.
Note: Once the registration process is complete you can check your CIBIL score for free using your account credentials i.e. email id and password and for this, you will have to visit https://myscore.cibil.com/ and click on the 'Member Login' option. You will have to subscribe by purchasing an available plan as per your need in case you want to check your CIBIL score again in the same financial year.