Households in India are allowed a maximum of 12 LPG cylinder purchases per year at subsidized rates. However, cylinders have to be bought at full price at the time of purchase, and the subsidy is then credited to the customer's bank account by the government.
Under the PAHAL (Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme) scheme introduced by the central government in 2015, the LPG consumer can receive subsidy in his/her bank account.
LPG cylinder prices are revised once every month based on international oil prices among other factors.
However, many consumers haven't received their subsidy in the last two months. You may want to check the LPG subsidy status to know if the amount has been transferred to you after you placed an order for a re-fill. You can do so online on the consolidated website of the three government-owned oil marketing companies- IOCL, HP and BPCL.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to check LPG subsidy status online:
- Go to http://mylpg.in/
- Enter your LPG ID in the space provided.
If you do not know your LPG ID:
- Click on "click here to know your LPG ID" on the page. (Refer the image below)
- A pop-up will prompt you to choose your distributor's company: Bharat Gas/ HP Gas/ Indane. Make your selection.
- The landing paper will ask you customer details. Below is an example of an HP Gas customer's LPG ID. Enter details either on the "Quick Search" option or the "Normal Search." You can find details on Consumer ID and Distributor Name in your LPG passbook provided by your distributor.
- Then enter Captcha code and click on "Proceed."
- Your LPG ID should be visible at the lower end of the page. Note it down as you will not be able to copy and paste the ID later.
If you are visiting mylpg.in for the first time:
- Click on "New User" option at the top right side of the "Find Your 17 digit LPG ID" page. (Refer the image below)
- Enter the 17 digit LPG ID found in the previous step. Also, enter your registered mobile number and captcha code in the space provided. (Refer the image below)
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number after you click on "Proceed." Enter it on the next page.
- Enter your email ID and create a password for your new user account in the following page.
- An activation link will be sent your email address. Click on the link provided in your inbox.
- The link should take you back to your LPG company's page with a message that reads "Your account has been successfully activated. Please Click here to login."
3. Login in to your mylpg.in account using your mobile number or email address. Also, enter the captcha code displayed.
4. A pop-up should display your account details and mention if your bank account and Aadhar is linked to your LPG account. It should also mention whether or not you have opted out of subsidy.
5. On the left side of the page find and click "View Cylinder Booking History/subsidy transferred" (Refer the image below). Note that this is for HP Gas customers. If you are an Indane or Bharat Gas customer, the option may be displayed on a different side of the page.
6. You will be able to see the subsidy amount and check the transfer status on the landing page.