For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

How to Check Petrol & Diesel Price by Sending SMS/Mobile App?


Rising crude oil prices have pushed petrol prices to all-time highs across the country. The prices of petroleum products are based on a 15-day rolling average of international petroleum product prices.


Fuel costs vary by state due to the impact of local taxes such as VAT and freight charges. Rajasthan, for example, has the country's highest value-added tax (VAT) on petrol, followed by Madhya Pradesh. The most expensive petrol and diesel were found in Rajasthan's Sri Ganganagar district.

In India, the retail price of petroleum products is determined by world crude oil prices. Nearly 80% of India's diesel and petrol demand is imported, with the remaining 20% exported. As a result, the costs of petrol and diesel in India are mostly determined by the prices of these fuels on the international market, rather than crude oil prices.

Indian Oil Petrol Prices

Indian Oil Petrol Prices

The country's leading fuel supplier has introduced an SMS service that will allow customers to monitor prices on their phones. Customers must send an SMS to 9224992249 in the following manner to use this service:

RSP Dealer Code to 9224992249

SMS "RSP 102072" to 92249 92249 for petrol and diesel prices in Delhi.

According to Indian Oil, each petrol pump's dealer code will be publicly displayed on the premises. Customers can also use the Indian Oil website to look up the dealer code.

Customers can also use Indian Oil's Fuel@IOC smartphone app to get daily petrol and diesel prices. Aside from a fuel station finder and price check, the app includes features like e billing, loyalty transactions, and a complaints tracker.

You can find the nearest Indian Oil petrol pump near your home, as well as track Fuel Prices, by installing this mobile app to your smartphone.

Hindustan Petroleum Petrol Prices

Hindustan Petroleum Petrol Prices

Customers buying petrol or diesel at Hindustan Petroleum-branded fuel stations can check the pricing by sending an SMS to 9222201122 in the format:

Hpprice Dealer code to 9222201122

"My HPCL" is the name of HPCL's app. This Hindustan Petroleum app has features price check and dealer finding tools.

Bharat Petroleum Petrol prices

Bharat Petroleum Petrol prices

Customers who use Bharat Petroleum or BPCL dealer stores can receive price information via SMS. They must send an SMS to 9223112222 in the following format.

RSP Dealer Code to 9223112222

A customer service hotline has been established by Bharat Petroleum. "A single window system to listen to inquiries, recommendations, feedback, and praises pertaining to any of our products and offerings," BPCL said of the BPCL Customer Care SmartLine 1800 22 4344.

Read more about: petrol diesel
Story first published: Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 9:29 [IST]
Company Search
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X