When there is restriction in movement in the current times of coronavirus, you may be thinking to deposit your minimum deposit amount due towards the PPF account or any other deposit account that you may be maintaining in the post office account.
So, here after the introduction of India Post Payments Bank app which is a customer-friendly app, you can follow the following steps:
You need to first download the IPPB app:
1. All you need to do first hand is transfer money to your IPPB account. Similar process can be used for depositing money in Post office RD, Sukanya Samriddhi Account
Then post this in the app, visit the tab providing Department of Post services listed out as DOP services.
2. Then select the product wherein you wish to transact
3. Considering you wish to transfer money to PPF account, go to PF.
4. Then herein provide your PPF account number as well as DOP customer ID.
5. Provide the amount you wish to deposit and click on the 'Pay' option.
6. After the payment is made successfully, IPPB will notify on it to you.
7. So, thus depending on the account you maintain with the post office, you can transact in it using the basic savings account of IPPB.
8. So funds from other account can be transferred to IPPB using the app.