Aadhaar has become an important identity proof in India, widely accepted across the country for online as well as offline verification. It is also essential to receive various subsidies from the government under direct benefit transfer (DBT).
This 12-digit unique identification number is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Recently, the UIDAI introduced Aadhaar PVC card, which is durable, looks attractive, and has the latest security features which include a hologram, Guilloche Pattern, ghost image and Microtext. It can be ordered online by paying a nominal charge of Rs 50.
Aadhaar downloaded on one's smartphone is also officially accepted as ID proof at airports and other public places. This is known as eAadhaar, which is an electronic form of the card that is digitally signed by UIDAI, containing QR code for offline verification with Issue Date and Download Date. Resident can easily download eAadhaar or masked eAadhaar from UIDAI's official website using the registered mobile number.
You can download Aadhaar from UIDAI's website using enrollment number or Aadhaar number. The card issuing authority has now issued a new feature wherein Aadhaar can be downloaded online using face authentication.
How to download Aadhar card from UIDAI website using face authentication?
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- Just below the display image find the "Get Aadhaar Card" tab.
- Under the "Get Aadhaar Card" section, find the option of face authentication.
- Enter mobile number and CAPTCHA to go ahead with the face authentication option.
- Verify your face in the authentication process.
- Your face will automatically be captured in the authentication process after you click "OK".
- After the photo is clicked and verified, you can successfully download your Aadhaar card.
Apart from the PVC card and eAadhaar, the Aadhaar Letter, mAadhaar and paper-based laminated letter are also a valid proof of ID when issued by UIDAI.
mAadhaar is the digital form of Aadhaar which can be installed on a mobile device.