Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) subscribers who contribute to the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) scheme can use the EPF i-Grievance Management System to file any complaints related to their EPF account. The EPF i-Grievance Management System allows EPF members to report their complaints online. You can also use the platform to verify the status of a pending grievance request. EPFiGMS, or the EPF Grievance Management System, is the official website for EPF-related grievances or complaints. You'll need your Universal Account Number (UAN) to lodge the lawsuit. You can also file a complaint if you don't have your UAN, Pension Payment Order (PPO) number or establishment number. If you're an EPS retired person, you'll need to have your PPO number. Here's how you can submit a complaint related to your account through EPFiGMS.
How to file a complaint related to your EPF account online?
The following is a step-by-step guide for registering a complaint on the EPF i-Grievance Management System:
- Visit EPF i-Grievance Management System (https://epfigms.gov.in/) and click on 'Register Grievance'
- Now select your status as PF member, EPS Pensioner, Employer or Others. If you don't have your employer's UAN/PPO number/Establishment number, you can select the 'Others' option.
- Now enter your UAN and security code and then click on 'Get Details'
- Now your UAN details will be displayed on the next screen where you need to click on 'Get OTP'.
- You will now get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP in the required space and verify the same.
- Once the OTP is verified select your PF account number under the 'Personal Details' section
- Under the 'Grievance Details for this PF number' section, select what the grievance is related to as PF office, Employer, Employees' Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI) or Pre-pension.
- Now select your Grievance Category and enter the related description.
- Upload documents related to your grievance if any and click on 'Attach'
- Now click on 'Submit' and your grievance will be submitted successfully.
- Once you submit your grievance, the complaint registration number will be sent to your registered email address and your mobile number via SMS.
Steps to check the status of the lodged grievance
The below is a step-by-step procedure for checking the status of your complaint:
- Visit EPF i-Grievance Management System (https://epfigms.gov.in/) and click on 'View Status'
- Now enter the registration number, Grievance Password or Mobile number/email address and security code.
- Now click on 'Submit' and the status of your complaint will be displayed on your device screen.
- The specifics of the EPFO regional office which is working with your grievance, as well as the name of the representative working with your grievance, will be listed in the grievance status.
Steps to send a reminder about your complaint
You can use the grievance website to send reminders to the EPFO if your issue has not been answered within the stated time. Only 30 days after the complaint is filed one can send a reminder. Only 30 days after the complaint is filed may a reminder be issued. The below is a step-by-step guide for sending a reminder online:
- Visit EPF i-Grievance Management System (https://epfigms.gov.in/) and click on the 'Send Reminder' option.
- Now enter your registration number, grievance password or mobile number/email address, reminder description and security code.
- Now click on 'Submit' to send the reminder.