Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) members can register an e-nomination now to ensure for their family/nominee. The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) necessitates certain documents to file an e-nomination, and members must have an activated and Aadhaar-linked UAN, Aadhaar-linked mobile number, and an updated member profile with photograph and address on hand, whereas family and nominees must have scanned photos and Aadhaar, bank account number with IFSC, and address. "File e-Nomination today to ensure #SocialSecurity for your family/nominee. Members will have to submit certain required documents to nominate their family members/nominee," EPFO has said via a Tweet.
File e-Nomination today to ensure #SocialSecurity for your family/nominee. Members will have to submit certain required documents to nominate there family members/nominee.#EPFO #EPF #Employee pic.twitter.com/ENdVtiCosd— EPFO (@socialepfo) October 25, 2021
Steps to file e-Nomination for EPF account online
EPFO members can register an e-nomination for their EPF account online in just a few simple steps. "Members should file e-Nomination today to provide #SocialSecurity to their families. Follow these easy steps to file EPF/EPS nomination #digitally," EPFO said in another Tweet.
- Visit EPFO website (www.epfindia.gov.in) >> Services >> For Employees >> Click on 'Member UAN/Online Service'.
- Login with 'UAN and Password'
- Select 'E-Nomination' under the 'Manage' tab.
- 'Provide Details Tab' will appear on the screen, enter all the required details and click on 'Save'.
- Click on 'Yes' to update the family declaration.
- Click on 'Add Family Details' (more than one nominee can be added).
- Click on 'Nominee Details' to declare the total amount of shares. Click on 'Save EPF Nomination'.
- Now click on 'E-sign' to generate OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Submit 'OTP' sent on your mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Upon successful verification, your e-Nomination will be registered with EPFO and no further physical documents are required.
On the other hand, EPFO's provisional payroll data, issued on the 20th of October 2021, indicated that for the month of August 2021, EPFO attracted roughly 14.81 lakh total members. For the first five months of the current fiscal year, the data shows a rising increase in gross payroll and if opposed to the previous month of July 2021, the overall subscriber intake for the month of August 2021 climbed by 12.61 percent. "EPFO adds 14.81 lakh net subscribers in August 2021. Leading additions from Maharashtra Haryana Gujarat Tamil Nadu, Karnataka," the organization declared on a Tweet issued on 20th October 2021.