PAN card is a highly important document issued by the department of tax bearing the 10 digit alphanumeric PAN number. After much of advancement and transparency in the financial space, you may not be able to carry a host of high-value transactions without PAN or even if the said task is doable without PAN there will be some penalty implication.
Needless to reiterate it is now a must have document, you can also secure the same at no cost and instantly, provided you have Aadhaar. This process of instant PAN issuance incorporates usage of aadhaar based eKYC.
How To Apply for free and instant PAN without Aadhaar eKYC?
Instant PAN application can be requested by anyone who has a valid aadhaar number as well as have a mobile number registered with the UIDAI.
- You can do so at no cost by visiting the income tax new portal and under that go to Instant PAN.
The facility provides e-PAN on a near real time basis and here in the PAN is issued in PDF format.
Now click on Get new E-PAN
- You just need to enter your Aadhaar and check in the check box which says that I confirm that. Here are the few key point, the income tax department seeks your affirmation:
1. I have never been allotted a PAN
2. My active mobile number is linked with Aadhaar.
3. My complete details of birth are available on aadhaar
4. I am not minor as on application date of Permanent Account Number.
Now the OTP shall be sent on to the registered number, upon keying which 15-digit acknowledgement number shall be generated.
The copy of the PAN as and when generated will be sent to the aadhaar linked e-mail ID.
How to check the status of Instant PAN application?
Using the acknowledgment number, you can even track the status of your PAN request. Go to the link saying, 'Instant PAN through Aadhaar' and click the link- 'Check Status of PAN'. Submit the Aadhaar number at the requisite space and then submit the OTP sent to the Aadhaar registered mobile number. Check the status of the PAN application- as to whether PAN is allotted or not.