The National Pension System, or NPS, is primarily designed for those who want to save for their retirement. NPS allows subscribers to build up a pension fund over time so that they can generate a regular income from it when they retire. Tier I and Tier II accounts are the two kinds of accounts under NPS. The Tier I account is non-withdrawable before you reach the age of 60 or retire, except in some conditions, while the Tier II account is a voluntary account which can be withdrawn anytime. For checking account balance and transaction statements, NPS offers both online and mobile app options. To know how to get NPS account statement online, check out the procedures covered below:
- Visit www.cra-nsdl.com and login in to your NPS account using the required credentials i.e. User ID and Password.
- Now go to the 'Transaction Statement' section and click on 'Holding Statement' which reveals the specifics of your NPS fund's accumulated balance.
- To see the particulars of your transactions, including contributions, click on the 'Transaction Statement' option and you are done.
Via UMANG app
- Open the UMANG app in your mobile phone and tap on the NPS (From NSDL) option 'All Services' section.
- Now tap on 'Current Holdings' and enter your PRAN and IPIN
- Now click on 'Login' and you can see your current holdings on the dashboard.
- You can also get the transaction statement on your registered email ID, for this under the NPS (From NSDL) menu, tap on 'Email Transaction Statement'
- Now enter your PRAN and IPIN and then tap on 'Login'
- Now go to the 'Transaction Statement' section and enter your registered email ID.
- Once done you will get the NPS account statement on your email ID instantly.
Steps to check NPS account details via NPS by NSDL e-Gov mobile app
- Open the 'NPS by NSDL e-Gov mobile app' in your mobile phone and enter your PRAN and IPIN to login.
- Your PRAN number will serve as your User ID, and the PIN you got with your PRAN number kit will serve as your password.
- Once logged in successfully, the total NPS holding amount as of the current date will be displayed on your device screen.
- It also includes the subscriber's Tier I and Tier II account holdings and the last 5 transactions.
- You can also view and manage your account profile such as the registered mobile number and email ID.
- For a specific period, you can request account and/or transaction statements on your email in a PDF format. You will get the transaction statement on your registered email ID upon entering PRAN and IPIN.
The subscriber can request Tier II withdrawal by logging into the 'NPS by NSDL e-Gov mobile app'. An OTP is sent to the subscriber once the withdrawal option is selected. The subscriber must select the withdrawal details-amount or unit-after entering the OTP. The CRA will process the request after the chosen details are submitted, and the required amount will be transferred to the subscriber's registered bank account. The subscriber's Aadhaar number can also be linked via the mobile app. The subscriber can also create an OTP for authentication by entering his or her PRAN and date of birth to reset the profile password using the app.