It has been rendered compulsory by the government to link Aadhaar with bank accounts. It will not be possible to make certain sorts of transactions if account holders do not link their bank accounts with Aadhaar. According to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's new order, it is compulsory to link Aadhaar number with bank accounts before the deadline of 31st March 2021. SBI issued a variety of options through which account holders can link their bank account with Aadhaar for the same purpose. By following the below-listed procedures you can link your Aadhaar with SBI savings account before the specified deadline.
Via Net Banking
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com and sign in to your net banking account using the required credentials.
- Now under the "e-Services" section click on "Update Aadhaar with Bank Accounts (CIF)"
- Confirm your profile password and click on 'Submit'
- From the drop-down list select your CIF number and specify your Aadhaar number.
- Click on 'Submit' and your Aadhaar will be linked to your savings account instantly.
- Once it is successfully linked, you will get a confirmation on your registered mobile number.
In case you don't have access to the net banking service you can link Aadhaar with SBI savings account via ATM. Follow the below-listed steps for the same:
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM and insert your SBI debit card into the card slot
- Enter your PIN and tap on the "Service Registration" option.
- Now select the select "Aadhaar Registration" option and select the type of account you have.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and confirm the same.
- Once your request approved by the bank, your account will be linked to Aadhaar successfully.
Via SBI Mobile app
Customers of SBI managing their accounts via the SBI Anywhere Personal mobile app can also link their bank account online through the app with the Aadhaar number. Here's how to link your Aadhaar card to your SBI bank account instantly via the app:
- Open the SBI Anywhere Personal mobile app on your mobile and tap on "Requests"
- Tap on the "Aadhaar" option and select "Aadhaar Linking"
- From the drop-down list confirm your CIF number
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar and confirm the same.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and tap on 'Submit'
- You will receive a notification saying that your request has been approved and you have successfully linked your Aadhaar number with your bank account.
SBI customers can also link their bank account with Aadhaar via SMS. That being said, it is necessary for you to register your mobile phone number with the bank in order to access this service. Follow the steps below to link Aadhaar with your bank account via SMS:
Type UID(space)Aadhaar Number(space)Account Number and send it to 567676 from your registered mobile number. Once your request is successfully approved by the bank you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
By visiting SBI bank branch
By visiting your nearest SBI branch you can even link Aadhaar with your savings account by following the steps listed below:
- Visit your nearest SBI bank branch by carrying a self-attested and original copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Duly fill the application form and submit it to the executive along with a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar.
- Your request will be processed by the executive and the acknowledgement handed to you. Your Aadhaar will be successfully linked to your account once the bank approved your request.
Procedure to check whether your bank account is linked with Aadhaar or not
That being said, even though you submitted your Aadhaar specifics to your branch, there is also a likelihood that the link between the two was not conducted properly by the bank or it could be that Aadhaar has not been linked to your account by the bank or your details have been lost. To check for the same follow the below-listed steps:
- Visit www.uidai.gov.in and under the Aadhaar services section click on 'Check Aadhaar/Bank Account Linking Status' in the 'My Aadhaar'
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16 digits Virtual ID
- Enter the security code and click on 'Send OTP'
- You will now get an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Authenticate the OTP by entering it on the required space and click on 'Login'
- The website indicates whether your Aadhaar number is correctly identified or not upon successful login.