As a result of Covid-19's global discontinuation, people have started travelling to their resident place or near to their loved ones. The increased rate of vaccination has also aided in alleviating a complete halt in global travel restrictions. In addition, if you have a holiday trip outside of India, you may require a vaccination certificate. As a consequence, persons who have been completely vaccinated with an FDA-approved vaccine or a World Health Organization-approved vaccine can make a hassle-free trip or journey, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
According to the rules made by the government, if an individual wants to go outside of India, he or she is required to link the vaccine or immune certificate with his or her passport, as this will allow the representatives to confirm that you are travelling after being properly immunized against Covid-19. So, if you're planning a trip overseas, follow the steps below to link your passport to your Covid-19 immunisation or vaccination certificate.
Steps to update your passport number in your vaccination certificate
The Aarogya Setu App's official Twitter handle has published a step-by-step guide for linking passport details with immunisation certificates. Follow the steps listed below:
- Visit http://cowin.gov.in and select the 'Raise a Issue Option' under the "Account Details" section.
- Now the page will display Certificate Correction, Merge Multiple Dose #1 Provisional Certificates and Add Passport Details. Select the "Add Passport Details" option and you will be redirected to the next page.
- Now select a member for whom you want to add the passport details.
- Now enter the passport number of the selected member under the "Enter Beneficiary's Passport Number" section.
- Now you need to tick the box displaying that "I declare that this passport belongs to the beneficiary. The name of the passport holder is the same as mentioned on the vaccine certificate."
- Now click on "Submit Request" and you will get a successful message on your registered mobile number.
- Now click on the "Certificate" button under the 'Account Details' section, and download your passport-linked vaccine certificate.
Now you can update your Passport number in your vaccination certificate.— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) June 24, 2021
Login to https://t.co/S3pUooMbXX.
Select Raise a Issue
Select the passport option
Select the person from the drop down menu
Enter passport number
You will receive the new certificate in seconds. pic.twitter.com/Ed5xIbN834
If there is a mismatch on the vaccine certificate, it can also be updated online. That being said, in the Co-WIN portal, an individual can only request the adjustment once. According to the recent update by Aarogya Setu, "In case name on certificate does not match name on passport, you can request for name correction as well. Entering passport number and requesting name change can only be done once, so please ensure there are no mistakes in entering the details." The update has also further said that "Now you can make corrections to your name, year of birth and gender on your Cowin vaccination certificates if inadvertent errors have come in. Go to http://cowin.gov.in and Raise an Issue."
Now you can make corrections to your name, year of birth and gender on your Cowin vaccination certificates if inadvertent errors have come in. Go to https://t.co/S3pUoouB6p and Raise an Issue. @mygovindia @CovidIndiaSeva @MoHFW_INDIA @GoI_MeitY @_DigitalIndia #IndiaFightsCorona pic.twitter.com/W32yUGr8Jx— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) June 8, 2021