Through signing in to the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) portal, individuals can access multiple services and facilities. It is very easy and convenient to complete the login process to the EPFO portal by using the Universal Account Number (UAN). Once UAN has been activated, employees who are members of the EPFO will be able to sign in to the portal in general. The step-by-step process for signing in to the EPFO portal after activating the UAN is listed below:
- Visit EPFO portal https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php and select 'For Employees' option from the 'Our Services' section
- Now on the next step, select 'Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)' and then enter the UAN, password, and captcha specifics
- Once done click on 'Sign in' and then you will be directly redirected to the homepage of EPFO portal.
Procedure to change mobile number on the EPFO portal
Employees who are members of the EPFO can get all communication pertaining to the EPF on their registered mobile number that is linked to their respective UAN through SMS. Employees must update their new mobile number on the EPFO portal if they change their mobile number at some time. The procedure for updating your mobile number on the EPFO portal is described below:
- Visit EPFO portal https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php and select 'For Employees' option under the 'Our Services' tab
- Now click on 'Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)' under the 'Services' tab
- Now enter UAN, password, and captcha details in order to sign in to your account
- Once you are logged in click on 'Contact Details' under the 'Manage' tab.
- Now on the next page click on the 'Change Mobile No.' option and enter your new mobile number twice in the required space.
- Once done click on 'Get Authorization Pin' and then an OTP will be sent to your new mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the respective box and click on 'Submit'.
- The new number will be updated on the EPFO portal once the above procedure is completed.
Procedure to change mobile number in case you have forgotten the password
In case you have forgotten the password but you need to update your new mobile number in the EPFO portal, you must follow the below-listed steps for the same.
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and log in to your account
- Now click on 'Forgot Password' and on the next page you need to enter the UAN and captcha details.
- There will be a request to send an OTP to the old mobile number on the next page, click on the 'No' option under the tab 'Do you wish to send the OTP on the above mobile number?'
- Now you need to enter name, date of birth, and gender and then click on 'Verify'
- Now you have to verify your entered details using the Permanent Account Number (PAN) or Aadhaar number.
- Once the relevant details are verified, you have to enter the new mobile number in the required space and click on 'Get OTP'.
- Now an OTP will be sent to your new mobile number, enter the OTP and click on 'Verify'.
- Upon completion of the above process, employees will also have the alternative to modify the password. In the boxes provided, the password will need to be submitted twice. Employees must click on 'Submit' once the new password specifics have been specified.
- Once you are done with the above step, the mobile number and the password will be verified and updated on the EPFO portal.
Key takeaways of verifying mobile number on EPFO portal
Below are the major benefits of having the mobile number updated on the EPFO portal:
- Using the registered mobile number employees can check EPF balance by sending an SMS
- By using the registered mobile number, the status of the claim can be reviewed.
- You will get the PF contributions details via SMS on your registered mobile number
- In the event of an EPF withdrawal, the confirmation will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number once the procedure of crediting the amount to the bank account has been initiated.
- For the validation process and authentication purpose an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Using the current mobile number you can also transfer PF amount from the old PF account to the existing one.