A traditional savings scheme is a recurring deposit (RD) as it allows the investors to deposit a fixed amount each month. Either with a bank or post office, you can open an RD account by verifying your KYC documents. By making a minimum deposit of Rs 100 per month or any amount in multiples of Rs 10 for a tenure of 5-year lock-in period with no upper limit you can open a post office RD account which will bid you higher and assured returns. Now, the monthly payment of the RD amount can be transferred electronically to your RD account with the introduction of the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) but however, you need to visit your nearest post office only once in order to open an RD account after which you can manage your account on your mobile via the IPPB app. But before this, you need to open an IPPB account for which you need to follow the below-listed steps.
- Open the default app store of your mobile phone and search for 'IPPB Mobile Banking' in order to download and install the same.
- Once the app is downloaded, open the app and tap on 'Open your account now' in order to register for a Digital Savings Account.
- Now you will be redirected to the 'basic information' menu where you need to enter your basic required details such as PAN and mobile number.
- Now on the next step, you need to enter your Aadhaar number and once you are done enter the other required credentials including your mobile number.
- An OTP will be generated on your mobile number for authentication purpose.
- Verify the OTP and create an MPIN to complete the registration process.
Key benefits of linking your post office RD account with IPPB
- Deposit of your PPF amount and contributions to Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be rendered via IPPB app.
- You can choose for different investment strategies of the post office offered by India Post and render regular payments via the standard savings account of IPPB.
- By using the IPPB app you can also initiate fund transfer to other bank accounts for which you need to specify the account number and IFSC code of the payee.
How to make deposits in your post office RD account?
- First, you need to transfer money from your bank account to IPPB account.
- Now head to the 'DOP Products' tab and select 'Recurring Deposit' from the list.
- Now enter your RD account number and DOP customer ID
- Now opt the installment duration and deposit amount
- For a successful payment transfer rendered via IPPB you will get a confirmation message under the notifications tab of the app.
Procedure to login into your post office RD account
A post office RD provides a lot of benefits to account holders, but a majority of digital-savvy investors opt for a bank RD primarily because of the accessibility and convenience. In order to manage post office RD account you need to visit your nearest post office physically, but now considering this inconvenience the Department of Posts has now adopted innovative technology to deliver better services to the customers. With the recent Department of Posts (DoP) initiative, the e-Banking platform provides a range of services to the customers where they can even manage their RD account online without compromising their comfort.
Benefits you will get after signing in to your post office RD account
The internet banking facility of the Department of Posts allows you to welcome a range of services related to your RD account. You can even ask for a specific service, submit feedback, or call to the customer care service in general. RD account holders after signing in using this platform will have exposure to the following services:
- You can generate and update your sign-in credentials
- You can update your standard personal details such as Name, Mobile Number, Address etc.
- You can personalize the page according to your choice
- You can get summary and details of your RD account
- View the details of the loan which you have availed against your RD account
- You can manage your RD related transactions such as making deposits, settling loan and more.
Steps to sign in to your post office RD account
Customers who have an RD with post office need to register themselves first by visiting this portal in order to generate the login credentials. You can follow the below-listed steps in order to get registered successfully.
- Visit https://ebanking.indiapost.gov.in/ and head to the 'Register Now' option, after which you will be redirected to the 'Offline Registration Maintenance' page.
- Click on 'Continue' and specify the required details i.e. name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, customer ID or Account ID, and contact details.
- Once your submitted details are successfully authenticated a user ID will be generated which can be used for potential sessions.