Employees who want to transfer their Employees Provident Fund (EPF) account from one employer to another can now submit an application online from the comfort of their home. The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has now rolled out an easy step-by-step guide that subscribers need to follow for effective transfer of their account. However, before filing an account transfer application, members must remember that their Aadhaar must be validated and their bank details must be seeded against their UAN in order to file their PF Withdrawal/Settlement/Transfer claims online. Apart from that, their mobile number must be linked to their UAN, and both credentials must be active. Via its Twitter handle EPFO has guided subscribers with the following steps to submit their account transfer application online.
Steps to transfer EPF account online
Following are the steps which EPF subscribers can follow to transfer their EPF account online:
- Visit 'Unified Member Portal' and log in with your UAN and password.
- Head to the 'Online Services' section and click on 'One Member - One EPF Account (Transfer Request)'.
- Now verify your personal information and PF account for current employment.
- Click on 'Get Details' and PF account details of previous employment would appear.
- Now select either previous employer or current employer for attesting form.
- Click on 'Get OTP' to receive OTP on your registered mobile number linked with UAN.
- Enter the received OTP, verify the same, and click on 'Submit' to finish the process.
As an important note for the subscribers, EPFO has also announced via its Twitter page that "EPFO never asks its members to share their personal details. Stay alert & beware of fraudsters." EPF members should keep in mind that "EPFO never asks for personal details like Aadhaar, UAN, PAN, Bank account, etc over phone / social media, or to deposit any amount in bank." If subscribers get any fraudulent call or message asking them to share personal details, they should immediately report it to the Cybercrime department or lodge their grievance at https://epfigms.gov.in/Grievance/GrievanceMaster